What farm machinery is this

MattLock

Elite Member
Someone got to know what it is is it is diskcer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 301
Yep. Pulls behind a tractor, mules and horses back in the day, and tills the field.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Someone got to know what it is is it is diskcer
You should get out of your urban setting more like 65 miles west of you where I live and you would learn soon enough what they are when coming over the top of a hill at 60 m.p.h. on a 2 lane highway and meeting a tractor pulling a life size one 3 times bigger than this that hydraulically folds up for towing and takes up 1 1/2 of a 2 lane blacktop, lol. You squat down on the brakes real quick and pass in the grass on the shoulder of the road! Oh yeah, the tractor pulling those big discs have large sets of tandem tires so tractor is going down the road with one set in the grass on the right side and the other set partially over the center line with that large conglomeration hanging behind it.

Getting behind one can test your patience also as he is running wide open and a person cannot pass until the farmer gets to another side road where he can pull over to let the folks behind pass. Top speed pulling one on highway is about 25 m.p.h.

Don

I remember when they put a new highway through the middle of our farm. That left a lot of it on the other side. Trying to get farming equipment across the highway back when the speed limits were seventy miles an hour was extremely dangerous. We ended up having to sell the land on the other side. That's another story itself.

I'm a stranger to farming equipment. Is it a mini version? Or are they that small? OR is that an enormous piece of ruled paper?

I'm a stranger to farming equipment. Is it a mini version? Or are they that small? OR is that an enormous piece of ruled paper?

:shock::laughing: maybe on one of those hobby farms.

Tootsie toy or ERTL toy company,
ERTL Iowa , Manufacture of toy tractors and toy cars

I found it on a farm so it's the one the farmer used...as a kid :laughing::laughing:

Well I once owned one virtually indentical to the one pictured and of course the tractor that pulled it and had plenty of room to maneuver it around in my sandbox where I farmed. But that was about 62 years ago and they have gotten much larger now.

Don

Back
Top Bottom