IF YOU HAD AN EXCAL MODDED BY "That guy in Boca" YOU NEED TO READ THIS NOW!

But will a shock cause it to fall off? Suck it drop the machine, have a clip come loose and the potential to short something?

Very good point.. I will need to test for sure, these are more or less latch around. But found something else today that pushs on but will not pull off.

Sorry I couldn't resist:shock::lol:

Attachments

• tuna.jpg
    tuna.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 235
Figured it out, Mirco IC chip ..clip

You mean "micro"?
See some really small ones on ebay.
Never used for permanent connection - only for testing purposes. Ezhook concept.
Were you wanting to clip on the gold header posts?

Dave, Did my MOD last year the toggle switch failed after couple of months. I bought a push button switch and redid it myself - works great.

OBN if you are going to sell kits let me know.
HH, phil

OBN you can never truly retire because the detecting mod world will go into turmoil. I will say that the videos you have done are definitely helpful I just had a friend ask me if I knew anyone who did mods and I just said look at OBN's youtube videos it will teach you everything.

Dave, Did my MOD last year the toggle switch failed after couple of months. I bought a push button switch and redid it myself - works great.

OBN if you are going to sell kits let me know.
HH, phil

I've done three of the waterproof plano boxes, but working on the Excal and thinking about leaks just makes my hairs stand on end. You might have to think about marketing OBN's kit and/or cost to do this for customers. :cool:

FYI, just be very careful doing mods yourself, if you make a mistake and it leaks or shorts something out your looking at a major repair bill.

Per Dave in repair center Minelab will not work on someone else's mod, they will cut it out if it is creating an issue if customer requests it but if mod causes a leak they will not fix the defective mod, only repair the detector to stock condition.

FYI, just be very careful doing mods yourself, if you make a mistake and it leaks or shorts something out your looking at a major repair bill.

Per Dave in repair center Minelab will not work on someone else's mod, they will cut it out if it is creating an issue if customer requests it but if mod causes a leak they will not fix the defective mod, only repair the detector to stock condition.

Heaven only knows how many kits I have done over the last two years, and I can say only had one person report a leak. I talked to him on the phone and for some reason he took the oring off of my endcap with the m12 connector, and put the stock on. Not good since my O ring is larger and seals 50% better then the stock. I'm surprised he did not notice that the endcap slipped in with little resistance. But he is 80 years old.. So I'm guessing maybe 200 kits minus one bad..

I also had a mod done by Dave and it was a disaster. He told me he shipped my detector and will receive in 3 days. 6 days later it came unfortunately he shipped me someone else mod. My toggle switch fell apart in about 45 days and the handle he sent me fell apart even sooner. I would never use him again.

Back
Top Bottom