• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

AT Pro pinpointing is reversed

HistoryStudent

I can't remember if I already asked this question but the problem I've been having recently is that sometimes, when I press the pinpoint button and move the coil over the spot, the detector goes quieter the closer I get to the object. Then, if I lift the coil the detector sounds off like the pinpointing is reversed. It doesn't do this all of the time but frequently enough that it's starting to be a problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Cant believe no one has answered you :no: Basically you're hitting the pp button with the coil over the target or another target in the ground close to it and it's nulling it out. If you have the coil a bit further left or right on the next attempt or turn 90 deg and try again you'll get it. ;) Also lowering the sensitivity has helped me before in this situation in trashy areas. I'm by far a pro on the Pro but hope it helps!

Last edited:
I can't remember if I already asked this question but the problem I've been having recently is that sometimes, when I press the pinpoint button and move the coil over the spot, the detector goes quieter the closer I get to the object. Then, if I lift the coil the detector sounds off like the pinpointing is reversed. It doesn't do this all of the time but frequently enough that it's starting to be a problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Mine will act like that when I'm beach hunting and my target is a "hot rock". Not sure why it does that, but it is in fact a very easy way to determine e if my target is a good one or just another heavily mineralized rock! :yes:
Maybe the next time your machine does that, try digging that "nulled" target and see if there's a rock under the coil.

Pete

Cant believe no one has answered you :no: Basically you're hitting the pp button with the coil over the target or another target in the ground close to it and it's nulling it out. If you have the coil a bit further left or right on the next attempt or turn 90 deg and try again you'll get it. ;) Also lowering the sensitivity has helped me before in this situation in trashy areas. I'm by far a pro on the Pro but hope it helps!

LordOfTheZincs,

Re your comment in blue, I'm sure you meant "I'm far from a pro", or words to that effect.

ToddB64

LordOfTheZincs......Good explanation and well written ! :grin:

ToddB64

Back
Top Bottom