Backlighting on AT Pro

All detectors should be back lit by now. How much could it cost them? A dollar or two per unit to add that feature?

A light would have been great on th AT. Cant see it costing all that much for them to have done it. Just have to put our own on. Some good ideas i see here.....

I've been toying with the idea of hitting Autozone for one of those accent lights...like those tuner boys do to their cars...and putting that on my Ace 250 so I can see it at night. I do more night hunting than anything else.. I like the quiet and no one else is around. grab that, some Velcro, a 9v and a switch....

I use a headlamp. It is always where you are looking. At the screen, the coil or where you are digging. Lighting the screen won't help when it comes time to dig or see what's around you.

Attachments

• IMG_20161111_180106.jpg
    IMG_20161111_180106.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 220
If they had a backlit display ,........either they would take more batteries or the battery life would suck while using the light. That's the tradeoff. I think needing a secondary light source is not a flaw at all ,....just part of the " all terrain " ultilitarian spirit of the machine.

I picked up this book light last year at Target, if I remember right it was like $8 or so.. It takes 2 AAs, I stuck velcro on top of the machine, when it gets too dark I just stick it on. I set my machine next to my hole and it helps to light my work area also, so in a way, better than a back lighted screen. It was that stupid "daylight savings time" bs that pushed me over this edge...

Good luck to all!!

<*)))>{

Looks good. I like your Target book light idea. And... don't even get me started on "daylight savings time". LOL

Back
Top Bottom