Viper Hybrid All Purpose Metal Detector

MD-Mainiac

Forum Supporter
Why is this original price 1300.00 machine now selling for $400.00?
with gimmies?

Why is this original price 1300.00 machine now selling for $400.00?
with gimmies?

It never sold for $1300, it has always been cheap and usually hated by most that have tried them.
Made fun of a lot, anyway.
Most beach hunters with the more popular waterproof brands keep commenting about how they wish all their competitors used this one.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/other-brands/17744-review-viper-trident.html

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=162138

Thanks for that information...
I think I will just stop looking at all these.

Is FBS better than PI? Which one is best for all around hunting?

I am looking at a MD that I can use in sand and sea, I think I prefer one with a display over one that just makes noise, perhaps it's just a learning curve?

Thanks for that information...
I think I will just stop looking at all these.

Is FBS better than PI? Which one is best for all around hunting?

I am looking at a MD that I can use in sand and sea, I think I prefer one with a display over one that just makes noise, perhaps it's just a learning curve?

You had better study up.
When you say all around hunting if you mean land too PI's aren't the most popular for that because most lack some form of discrimination.
There are ways to use them and be productive with different tips, settings and techniques, but most land hunters utilize them when they need to deal with some special problems like very heavy mineralization or when hunting for nuggets.

As far as hunting saltwater wet sand and going in the water all kinds of things to consider there, also.
Some beaches are loaded with iron, I think I read somewhere the ones in the northeast have this problem.
If so, the most successful hunters usually lean towards a Sovereign or some other type of discriminating unit so they don't waste 90% of their time digging iron bits and pieces all day.

VLF single frequency detectors with screens can work but usually not as well as some multi frequency or PI's regarding depth from what I can gather.
You need to go to the beach hunters sub forum and ask questions because they will set you straight.
Many live in your area and hunt those kind of beaches so they should know what works and how well.

An extremely competent detector with a screen, disc abilities and major depth in heavy salt water black sand and in the water with heavy iron problems also...I am not sure that type of detector has been invented yet.
There is a reason many build arsenals with more than one type of detector for specific uses.
Go ask the beach guys for their opinion.
When they are not out there digging loads of silver, coins, gold and other lost treasure they can be knowledgeable and helpful.

BTW...no matter what you end up with there will definitely be a learning curve.
There always is, but when you learn something new and then find treasure because you did well, that is one of the more satisfying things about this hobby for me.

You had better study up.
When you say all around hunting if you mean land too PI's aren't the most popular for that because most lack some form of discrimination.
There are ways to use them and be productive with different tips, settings and techniques, but most land hunters utilize them when they need to deal with some special problems like very heavy mineralization or when hunting for nuggets.

As far as hunting saltwater wet sand and going in the water all kinds of things to consider there, also.
Some beaches are loaded with iron, I think I read somewhere the ones in the northeast have this problem.
If so, the most successful hunters usually lean towards a Sovereign or some other type of discriminating unit so they don't waste 90% of their time digging iron bits and pieces all day.

VLF single frequency detectors with screens can work but usually not as well as some multi frequency or PI's regarding depth from what I can gather.
You need to go to the beach hunters sub forum and ask questions because they will set you straight.
Many live in your area and hunt those kind of beaches so they should know what works and how well.

An extremely competent detector with a screen, disc abilities and major depth in heavy salt water black sand and in the water with heavy iron problems also...I am not sure that type of detector has been invented yet.
There is a reason many build arsenals with more than one type of detector for specific uses.
Go ask the beach guys for their opinion.
When they are not out there digging loads of silver, coins, gold and other lost treasure they can be knowledgeable and helpful.

BTW...no matter what you end up with there will definitely be a learning curve.
There always is, but when you learn something new and then find treasure because you did well, that is one of the more satisfying things about this hobby for me.

Thanks, I will ask the guys I know down/up here. Perhaps I can quiz OBN when he returns.

I'll put it this way. I wouldn't hunt behind oldbeechnut and his excaliburs where you are.

Back
Top Bottom