I need any help you can provide on my f75

I put a want ad up for a new or used coil.new from fisher themselves is way out of my budget range.

I don't think a coil is going to fix your unit. Have your tried to locate someone close to you with detector???? So they can look at your unit and swap coil. It would I think be worth a 60 mile drive just to see rather than laying down dough for even a used coil. Or find someone willing to help you and you ship your coil to them to check it out for you. Shipping cost round trip would cost, but you may be further ahead in the long run.

Just curious, did you ever figure out what was wrong here?

Jeff

I've been wondering that as well. I had the opposite issue lately, mine has been running much more stable, my depth has increased significantly since I've been able to up the sens to well into the 90's.

no I haven't,no one is within driving distance and fisher can't quote me a price as they have no idea what it is.I cannot afford to send it in and have a random bill pop up that I can't pay.I guess my detecting days are over.it was fun while it lasted.

no I haven't,no one is within driving distance and fisher can't quote me a price as they have no idea what it is.I cannot afford to send it in and have a random bill pop up that I can't pay.I guess my detecting days are over.it was fun while it lasted.

Ask them for a quote before they repair it, this way you can decide if it's worth it or not. You can always sell it as broke and still get a few hundred and buy something else, or you can pop it open yourself and see if anything looks lose or dirty inside. But if you haven't already I would take it to a completely new location and see if it's still running hot, maybe there's a new cell tower or some other electrical device which was added to your location in the past few months since you used it. You might also try using compressed air on some of the open locations like the headphone jack, coil connection, speaker, etc. I wouldn't give up on detecting totally just because of this.

Ask them for a quote before they repair it, this way you can decide if it's worth it or not. You can always sell it as broke and still get a few hundred and buy something else, or you can pop it open yourself and see if anything looks lose or dirty inside. But if you haven't already I would take it to a completely new location and see if it's still running hot, maybe there's a new cell tower or some other electrical device which was added to your location in the past few months since you used it. You might also try using compressed air on some of the open locations like the headphone jack, coil connection, speaker, etc. I wouldn't give up on detecting totally just because of this.
I bought this less than a year and a half ago and paid $1200,I would need a minimum of $500 on it,and for a non working detector,I'm probly not going to get that.any less and I'll turn a $700 loss into an even worse deficit.I think I'm going to try and open it myself and see if I can figure anything out.

I bought this less than a year and a half ago and paid $1200,I would need a minimum of $500 on it,and for a non working detector,I'm probly not going to get that.any less and I'll turn a $700 loss into an even worse deficit.I think I'm going to try and open it myself and see if I can figure anything out.

Yeah since you can get new LTD2's for $950 or so new nowadays it's very unlikely you'd see anywhere near that. Used you're probably looking at $300 since it doesn't work, maybe a little more. I'd hold onto it until you can have it repaired, of if it's less than 5 years old contact the original seller and ask them to send it in for repair for you?

Yeah since you can get new LTD2's for $950 or so new nowadays it's very unlikely you'd see anywhere near that. Used you're probably looking at $300 since it doesn't work, maybe a little more. I'd hold onto it until you can have it repaired, of if it's less than 5 years old contact the original seller and ask them to send it in for repair for you?
ok

did you leave the batteries in the detector while it was in storage or take them out, is it possible batteries corroded or leaked in battery compartment while in storage, and battery conections may need a clean, I must admit my f75 has done the same thing as you have described, but only happened for a very short time, vdi all over the place but then just stopped, good luck sorting it out.

Maybe I missed it but have you only tried it right outside your house or did you take it somewhere else? I just got mine last weekend but when I went to pick it up it went crazy no matter what we tried around the dealer's place. It didn't matter inside or out it would not stop.

Since it was new and from a dealer I knew it was under warranty so I took it home. It works fine there as long as I am outside and away from the underground powerlines.

Back
Top Bottom