An English field.

Doug

Elite Member
Nothing special about the field, no known history to the field yet the field keeps on producing items from the 2nd to 4th century.........strange.

Thanks for looking................Doug

The field.

IMGP8304_phixr.jpg

First signal of the day.

IMGP8294_phixr.jpg

All Roman coins, 2nd to 4th century.

DSC_0012_phixr-7.jpg

Roman disc brooch 2nd century.

DSC_0005_phixr-11.jpg

Roman lock-pin 2nd to 3rd century

DSC_0003_phixr-15.jpg

Unknown ring, possible Roman.

DSC_0017_phixr-2.jpg

doug as aways, awesome digs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really like your post. HH blev

Many thanks for the views and comment.

Non Roman finds.

Last edited:
Nice finds again ! What can you tell me about Roman lock pins ? are they for doors ? or ?

From a UK finds data-base.

"Although there is evidence of these objects being used to fasten lock plates to wood chests and boxes, it is possible that they also had other functional and decorative uses."

Thank you , I always admire the age of your finds but what may be common there is fantasy here lol and I may not have a clue what it is. You teach me more and more with every post. Thank you !

Boy, must have been a Roman road right through that field. See if you can figure out where it was going and stay on it as long as possible. Good luck hunting!

Great finds Doug. The field looks an ideal place for a settlement? Is there a spring or stream close by?:thumbsup:

No natural source of water but the field commands the high ground with a near on 360 degree view of the surrounding countryside.

Possible Roman marching camp?

Back
Top Bottom