Another Equinox question 600 vs 800

ohiochris

Elite Member
Ive sorta been leaning toward buying a 600 recently since some of the extra settings of the 800 are not really necessary for me. However , one of my reasons for wanting the equinox is to see how well it does in a field that used to be a fairground way back , but has since been a tire dump that caught fire and burned to the ground leaving a blanket of steel wire everywhere. I know there is some great stuff here if I could just peek through the windows in this iron a little bit. A FAST recover speed would be essential in an area like this. But the 600's fastest setting is said to only be a 6 out of 8 on the 800. Will I miss the quicker response of the 800 ? Im just afraid to buy the 600 if I am going to always be wondering ....what if I were using the 800 here , would it be better ?

A blanket of steel sounds impossible.

It pretty much is , but its a large area so I know there has got to be some spots a little more open that would qualify as " difficult " instead of impossible. Probably still a waste of time until the city goes in a scrapes it for development , but thats when everybody with a detector for 100 miles is going to be hitting it hard.

I know retune speed is very important is highly trashed areas , but just wondering how significant is the difference between setting 6 and 8 on the equinox ?

All I can say, I have been chasing around Etrac, CTX, Deus pounded sites. I use speed 7 bunches using 800 model. It sniffs out things too. Some times I use 8 even.
One day by this old house, I had hunted quite a bit if this area using speed 7, so I said what the heck let's try level 8 speed setting. In no time Imgot this signal high conductive sounding tone wise and meter wise. I actually backed off to level 7 to checke this target. The signal I got I rate as it would sound off, but actually quality/length of tone unsatisfactory,,meaning Inalready knew where the find was due to level 8 speed setting.
Find was a copper piece of water spicket.. So even this bigger find level 8 needed to get it out of sea of iron using Nox and stock coil.

Ive sorta been leaning toward buying a 600 recently since some of the extra settings of the 800 are not really necessary for me. However , one of my reasons for wanting the equinox is to see how well it does in a field thaed to be a fairground way back , but has since been a tire dump that caught fire and burned to the ground leaving a blanket of steel wire everywhere. I know there is some great stuff here if I could just peek through the windows in this iron a little bit. A FAST recover speed would be essential in an area like this. But the 600's fastest setting is said to only be a 6 out of 8 on the 800. Will I miss the quicker response of the 800 ? Im just afraid to buy the 600 if I am going to always be wondering ....what if I were using the 800 here , would it be better ?
I was going to buy a 600,
But decided to go full out and not be outgunned...just in case.

Anybody with a 600 care to make a video showing its recovery speed ? There is one or more that show how blazing fast the 800 is , but not much about the 600. Just wondering if there is a perceptable difference in the fastest settings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7neRRXPb4k4
Not my video.
Just passing this along.

Thanks. The video does show a speed plenty fast for most needs. What I would eventually like to see is just what the 800 is capable of that the 600 is not , but thats probably going to take a head to head comparison with both on a target with a very particular set of variables. Thats not likely to happen any time soon but maybe eventually

I tried to search, but didn't find a good comparison. Can someone break it down for this newb, just what the differences are between the 600 and 800??

I tried to search, but didn't find a good comparison. Can someone break it down for this newb, just what the differences are between the 600 and 800??

This link here, I have posted a link that shows differences.

Main differences.
600 model
No wireless headphones, or headphone module
No prospecting mode
No backlight brightness adjustability,
Unit can't be run as fast as 800 unit.
Unit has no user profile mode
Unit can only be run in 5, 10, and 15 single freq ops.
But Mulit freq is identical on both units- what you will definitely be using most of the time.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258334

Purchasers of 600 unit can buy the wireless headphones supplied with 800 unit later and they can be used with 600 unit.

Hope this helps..

Attachments

• Equinox 600 To 800 Comparison Chart.jpg
    Equinox 600 To 800 Comparison Chart.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 391
Back
Top Bottom