• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

equinox and silver

Dflan83

Elite Member
I have to say from the videos that I have watched the equinox seems to sniff out the silver better than I had initially thought. Similar enough to make me think its using a lot of the similar processing algorithms that the fbs/fbs2 uses

The real main differences I notice are between the modes where it almost does a changes in frequencies. anyone else care to chime in on this that actually owns the machine

I haven't found any silver with my 800 yet so I can't help you there.[emoji852]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In some modes I believe that the Equinox is biased towards the higher frequency targets or lower conductors. Silver is a high conductor. Only been out once with the 800 and found 1 silver dime.

I have to say from the videos that I have watched the equinox seems to sniff out the silver better than I had initially thought. Similar enough to make me think its using a lot of the similar processing algorithms that the fbs/fbs2 uses

The real main differences I notice are between the modes where it almost does a changes in frequencies. anyone else care to chime in on this that actually owns the machine

The Nox ID reminds me of the Safari, which until now was the latest tech but only a single number. I think they updated the Safari Tech and Deus like speed into a single machine with an extremely fast processor. To me after owning the Deus and Safari it is like a hybrid of both of them.

I keep wondering if in the near future we see an updated CTX with an extremely fast processor with recovery speeds of the NOX and a much better color screen. I would buy one in two seconds!! But i want a land version with no gps to keep costs reasonable!

The Nox ID reminds me of the Safari, which until now was the latest tech but only a single number. I think they updated the Safari Tech and Deus like speed into a single machine with an extremely fast processor. To me after owning the Deus and Safari it is like a hybrid of both of them.

I keep wondering if in the near future we see an updated CTX with an extremely fast processor with recovery speeds of the NOX and a much better color screen. I would buy one in two seconds!! But i want a land version with no gps to keep costs reasonable!

yep I am holding out on that a new ctx is on the horizon priced around 1500$

seeing lots of silver finds with the NOX so far. For those that found the silver was the TID really stable

No, not all that stable. But then, I don't really find the TID that stable on most things. Someone did post that with the Equinox it is important to have the target directly under the coil for stable TID. I'll have to try pinpointing first then reading TID, to see if that changes my impression.

No, not all that stable. But then, I don't really find the TID that stable on most things. Someone did post that with the Equinox it is important to have the target directly under the coil for stable TID. I'll have to try pinpointing first then reading TID, to see if that changes my impression.

I have only been on four hunts with my Equinox 600 so I am still learning the machine, but I have found the same thing to be true. The TID may fluctuate a little while initially scanning the target, but if you place the target under the center of the coil the TID only moves one or two numbers.

I don't use the pinpoint function on any of my machines. I scan the target and read the TID and mark the center of the target with my foot and then turn 90 degrees and do the same thing and X marks the center. That way I can read the TID from two directions. When using this method the TID is fairly accurate with little fluctuation.

I agree with the above statements regarding tid. I found the high tone and flash of high tid caused me to stop and investigate further. More I worked coil around target the more stable tone and number got. Once I pin pointed target and wiggled coil over target center I would get accurate numbers only fluctuating by 1 or 2.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom