AT Pro 2?

There were a couple threads on this already, I believe. I'd be curious to see what it's like when the actual specs come out.

It's only been stated as a new AT family detector with Garrett Z-link wireless technology. Probably integrated for wireless headphone during land use.

If I were speculating on market and garret trends it will be in the same AT waterproof housing with bigger ID and/or display. backlight, added features/performance/modes.

Pure speculation as Garrett typically doesn't tell dealers or distributors much in advance of new releases.

You'll know when when we know.

It would be great if there is a new design but that's a lot of time and investment to retool what is already working.

From what the guide at Garrett said, the Z-link isn't truly wireless. It has a transponder and a reciever not built into the headphones or the detector, more like a reciever you can clip onto your belt and plug the headphones into that. It's for any detector - to detach your headphone cord from the unit, not Garrett specific. Much like any of our wireless mods in the DIY section, but much faster response time because of the new technology. Just what he said... looks like they are competing to get the whole market and not just specific Garrett gear with it.

From what the guide at Garrett said, the Z-link isn't truly wireless. It has a transponder and a reciever not built into the headphones or the detector, more like a reciever you can clip onto your belt and plug the headphones into that. It's for any detector - to detach your headphone cord from the unit, not Garrett specific. Much like any of our wireless mods in the DIY section, but much faster response time because of the new technology. Just what he said... looks like they are competing to get the whole market and not just specific Garrett gear with it.

Correct, the Z-link adapters are just that. They haven't said weather the new AT detector will have Z-link integrated or simply have adapters included.

I think you are right on the money Craig. I personally don't see them drifting from the ATP1 model other than wireless and performance increases. They already have a waterproof housing and setup people are used to...I don't think they do total remake of the body or face.

Looking at the new Ace series tells me plenty...same getup as the old Ace series. Just very different under the hood.

Just assumptions of course...

Correct, the Z-link adapters are just that. They haven't said weather the new AT detector will have Z-link integrated or simply have adapters included.

Deteknix already makes something similar no? Hear pretty good things about it...no lag etc. I gotta think they integrate it into the PCB instead of just competing with what is already out there? IDK....

Deteknix already makes something similar no? Hear pretty good things about it...no lag etc. I gotta think they integrate it into the PCB instead of just competing with what is already out there? IDK....

They are already for sure doing the competing adapters.

If they are remotely close in price to Deteknix the reputation and support of Garrett will trump them big time.

The could integrate in new machines. Less SKU's and forced buyer purchase. They could also leave it as an adapter options for multi-sku. I don't see them doing this though as they have no "premium" detector market right now.

Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom