• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

"Treasure Hunting? You're Kidding!"

dan

Elite Member
Do you have friends who question your sanity because you are a treasure hunter?

Do you wish you had a snappy comeback when they heap scorn upon your beloved hobby?

This show gives you some good answers for those idiot friends of yours.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

Last hunt I emailed a buddy before setting out. He replied, poking fun, "I hope you brought the knee pads", but added, "what did you find?". I sent him a pic. His reply, verbatim: "Wow. I stand corrected. Cool as hell!"

You make a lot of good points, Dan, but the BEST answer...success! :cool:

Dan, I just linked your podcasts on my Facebook page.

LOVE it!!

Awesome stuff. I enjoyed it a lot. Please keep it up! I'm a Newbie and find your podcasts fun and informative!

Cheers,

Spencer

My daughter USED to question my sanity having a half dozen metal detectors. After I sent her pics (she's in Germany at Ramstein Air Base) of gold nuggets and meteorites I've found, she's taken an interest in the hobby. I have a feeling I'm going to lose my Compadre when she rotates back to the states in March!!!

Dusty

I have never referred to myself as a "Treasure Hunter" just someone who metal detects. That gets me enough smart jabs to my hobby in itself. If I called myself a "Treasure Hunter" I would never hear the end of it.

My daughter USED to question my sanity having a half dozen metal detectors. After I sent her pics (she's in Germany at Ramstein Air Base) of gold nuggets and meteorites I've found, she's taken an interest in the hobby. I have a feeling I'm going to lose my Compadre when she rotates back to the states in March!!!

Dusty

You'll have a blast hunting together...Please thank her for her service for me....Curt:grin:

I have never referred to myself as a "Treasure Hunter" just someone who metal detects. That gets me enough smart jabs to my hobby in itself. If I called myself a "Treasure Hunter" I would never hear the end of it.

I agree. I'm a Metal Detectorist! It's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! :good:

I totally agree. As a college student I seem to get weird looks when I come in my dorm room with detecting equipment. They call me names and such but when I come back from the beach with more than I left with I'll be happy.

Just after I got my MD I started finding lots of pennies in the yard. By the time I had gotten up to about 40 or 50 I mentioned to my wife about how neat it was to be finding so many coins, to which see replied, at this rate you have it paid off in several years. :shock: I'm glad I didn't buy a bass boat. :lol:

my wife asked me if i even found enough to pay for the batteries yet :lol:

I really caught he!! yesterday. Got a guy from Charlotte driving up to MD with today.

One of my employees asked, "just so I understand, we're not working Friday because you've scheduled a play-date with a middle-aged man you met on the internet?"

Well, when you put it that way.....

I really caught he!! yesterday. Got a guy from Charlotte driving up to MD with today.

One of my employees asked, "just so I understand, we're not working Friday because you've scheduled a play-date with a middle-aged man you met on the internet?"

It could be worse...you could be saying we're going to go to South Beach together! ;)

sounds suspicious to me. :shock: Hopefully no one will call homeland security.
My wife said about the same thing to me. I was going to be taking most of the day off today to go MD ing in another town but it's raining.... :no:

Some people dont understand digging around in the dirt all day for stuff you could buy on ebay for a quarter......wait a minute, I'm not sure I understand it...lol.....but it sure is a lot of fun!

Great podcast Dan!
I guess I am lucky my other half is cool ,
I did feel funny at first when I would tell her I was going detecting.
She sees how much history I learn and now i don't worry about saying I'm headed out.
Actually, most people I have mentioned detecting to have been great. My Father ( who has never detected ) has got several permissions for me just w/ conversation w/ locals!
I'm sure some of my friends chuckled to each other when i mentioned detecting... But then i don't really show them many of my good finds....:shifty:
rather share w/ you folks who appreciate History, and all the work that goes into uncovering it.

I just tell my wife that one more good find and I can afford the divorce attorney.:lol:

Just joking. It really helps when your spouse is cool with your hobby. Mine is so "cool" with it, she took over my detector, which forced me to have to get another one. True story. Life is so cruel.:D

Dave

Back
Top Bottom