Deteknix Xpointer-first impressions

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I had to send my White's TRX in because it had sprung a leak at the on/off button. So, in the meantime I looked around for a backup and found a deteknix xpointer in camo on sale. This may be an older leftover model because deteknix has changed to Quest. Anyways, put a battery in it and did a few airtests and played with the settings. First thing is it doesn't come with a 9 volt battery, but it does come with a nice, sturdy looking holster that is very similar to the TRX holster. It also comes with 4 tip protectors and a coiled lanyard.

So how does it work? It has two buttons; one for on/off and the other button to select modes and sensitivity. It has three modes: sound and vibration, sound only, or vibration only. To change modes, just turn it on and then use the select button to toggle through the modes....very easy. There are 4 sensitivity levels and to change it the unit must be turned on and then you press the on/off button again and keep it depressed while you toggle through the 4 sense settings with the select button. It will beep once for the lowest sense setting, twice for level 2, three times for level 3 and then a long beep for the highest level. Again very simple and easy to do.

The airtests on highest sensitivity:
Clad dime: about 1.75"
Nickle: slightly over 2"

The shaft has a inch markers that only go to 3 inches:?: However, the dectection field is a U shaped field starting at that 3" mark and going around the tip back to the 3" mark on tbe other side.

Other impressions: It seems sturdy and well built
The LED is very bright
I think it's a bit louder than my TRX, but I won't know for sure until I get
it back from White's.
It only works with a 9 volt battery...no AA adapter like the TRX has.
So far from my initial impressions, I like it!
One other thing is that it is only supposed to be splash proof although.
the endcap has an oring seal.

Attachments

• 20180919_182325_HDR.jpg
    20180919_182325_HDR.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 262
Tried it out last night at my son's soccer practice field. It worked great and didn't false one time. Forgot to add in my OP that it uses pulse induction so that may be why it didn't false.

Back
Top Bottom