"Diggers" damage control

hmmm, let me think...oh, how 'bout the guys who are actually swinging the detectors? Just a guess.

Law of averages:?: Guess i'll video the guys in an interview to ask where they learned about an AT pro when they're tearing it up. Of course you probably bought your AT pro after watching the show too. So I'm wasting my breath trying to explain to you all the spots are going to disappear if just a few Morons act like those two in season one. I've already almost had to fist fight one guy who drove off and left big holes. Let the parks close. I'm policing my beaches. Do as you see fit;)

Actually I had never heard of Diggers until after I had bought my AT Pro. I learned about them from the numerous threads debating their antics just as this thread. I wasn't even a member of the forum until after I bought my detector and was looking for answer to some questions. I don't have an opinion either way about the "show" itself. I just take issue with the casting of blame on others instead of holding people to what is called personal responsibility.

Your judgement on who to blame is just flawed IMO. I mean, you said you blame the teacher and not the student, right? So, say my wife who just received training from a teacher/instructor on how to shoot her new S&W 642 decides to just go shoot up the town and kill somebody, that is the teachers fault? That's the analogy that makes your argument not hold up.

I'll give you an even better example with this comment. I do Plumbing for a living. One day I go to this old ladies house who is paranoid. She's sitting at the dinner table the whole time I'm there with a 38 revolver with it sitting on a placemat cocked. I was glad to get that job done quick. Old people are funny about their shrubbery. I know this by working with them since the eighties. We have to get shrubbery waivers signed to do work at the front of the house. Well someone watching diggers may climb in some old ladies tree and break a couple limbs and get their head blown off. Can't explain it any clearer. You're right. Don't blame the teacher(Me!):lol:

Hi Itsaring,

I understand your frustration, I feel the same way when I see holes in the park with a piece of trash next to it, I'm sure we have all spent time filling in holes..
Just a part of the hobby I guess..
I'm just saying that the guys on the show are good guys and I just don't think it's friendly to blame them for others peoples actions..there were hacked up holes in parks long before reality TV shows..
Anyway I'm done with this thread so have a good day ..:yes:

Chris.

Okay you guys are completely missing the point, and taking "friendly" a little to seriously.. They are two idiots there is no denying that but just cause youre a moron doesnt mean youre not a nice guy.. They might not be the sole reason places are restricting mding but they sure the hell arent helping us by acting like two full blown clowns.. Theres nothing wrong with watching the show cause they find stuff that we all like to see, but anyone that condones the way they act and think that any of it is honest excitement and not just boasting for the camera is delusional, and those people that dont like what we do because of the way they act are just as delusional to think its legit.. And granvilleatpro if your wife goes and shoots up your town, no its not the teachers fault its hers but if she goes and shoots herself in the foot cause she doesnt learn how to work the safety properly then its the teachers fault.. All "diggers" are doing is shooting themselves and anybody new that gets into the hobby because of them in the foot.. *rant off*

Okay you guys are completely missing the point, and taking "friendly" a little to seriously.. They are two idiots there is no denying that but just cause youre a moron doesnt mean youre not a nice guy.. They might not be the sole reason places are restricting mding but they sure the hell arent helping us by acting like two full blown clowns.. Theres nothing wrong with watching the show cause they find stuff that we all like to see, but anyone that condones the way they act and think that any of it is honest excitement and not just boasting for the camera is delusional, and those people that dont like what we do because of the way they act are just as delusional to think its legit.. And granvilleatpro if your wife goes and shoots up your town, no its not the teachers fault its hers but if she goes and shoots herself in the foot cause she doesnt learn how to work the safety properly then its the teachers fault.. All "diggers" are doing is shooting themselves and anybody new that gets into the hobby because of them.. *rant off*

Pretty much covered it

Know what people are called when they are paid to be on TV or in the movies? Actors.

They play a part and get paid for it.

Now if Honey Boo Boo would stop hurting the good name of trailer park folk...

Ill be honest though, I could give a flying !!!! About what they do, I just get where itsaring is coming from, this argument has happened since the show started and will prob continue well after theyre cancelled or kg and ringy tear an acl from dumbass celebrating i.e martin gramatica after a field goal, what ever comes first. I honestly think if they ditched theyre "diggers lingo" that they obviously only use to target a younger audience that im somewhat part of, there would be less of an issue. Cause its a fail.. They already ditched the bets between em for the most part.. Then it would be watchable IMO

If a non-detectorist watches the show and they really think thats how people act in the real world, then they deserve to think that.

I really do not think people think detectorists act like that.

Outside of the past couple weeks, I have detected almost every day. To be safe, I'll say 5 out of 7 days a week. Not only have I not seen or heard 1 person come up to me talking about the diggers show, I have not seen or heard any public places closing down due to the show.

Now, all of you move on to your own vortex of nectar, and quit your crying, before someone else finds your roundness. :)

If a non-detectorist watches the show and they really think thats how people act in the real world, then they deserve to think that.

I really do not think people think detectorists act like that.

Outside of the past couple weeks, I have detected almost every day. To be safe, I'll say 5 out of 7 days a week. Not only have I not seen or heard 1 person come up to me talking about the diggers show, I have not seen or heard any public places closing down due to the show.

Now, all of you move on to your own vortex of nectar, and quit your crying, before someone else finds your roundness. :)

I worked and hunt downtown. Lots of crazy people and people on drugs act like that all day long. Used to see a guy humping a light pole, another guy would salute the KMart sign and pretend to shoot himself in the head and fall over on the curb. And I'm talking every day you passed the guy. One day some guy asks for a piece of pipe off my truck. I figure he's walking and is going to use it for dog protection. Well the guy tells me it won't work. Pulls his shirt off and says he can't get the s*** off his back and takes off running. Now I didn't see a metal detector? But..........?

I made a shirt design we should all wear when cold knocking. :D

front.jpg

Back
Top Bottom