Pensacola FL

mummyto3

Hi,

We are taking our small children to Pensacola for vacation and would like to buy them a metal detector. What would you recommend for a boy who is nearly 6 and 45 inches tall? And where would be a good place to start treasure hunting for small children!!

Thank you!!

Forgot to add that hubby has given us a budget of $200.

Welcome and I'd go with a Garrett Ace 250 or Fisher F2, both under 200 and very good starter units, I really like my Ace 250. Also think about a cheap pin pointer, it will make it much more enjoyable for them. Talk to New England Detectors! Contact Dale, aka "bigboar" by pm or call 1-866-999-3902 for the BEST DEALS GUARANTEED!!! They can give you great deal on a package MD and pin pointer also.

Please be aware that a major portion of the beach area around Pensacola is part of the Gulf National Seashore and is off limits to metal detecting on it. Just make sure where you hunt is not under federal control. Good luck in your MDing. Maybe someone here can direct you to good spots in that area.

F2 is an excellent choice as another member commented. Also, check out the Bounty Hunter Line. Believe there is a Jr. model for kids. Good luck and HH!

Also consider the Tesoro Compadre. It's simpler to use and has a lifetime warranty. It also would be a tot-lot killer.

I can't help you with a short/beginning machine... But if you do go out to the beach, one of you bring a bunch of coins in your pocket. Took out my Godchildren a few years back and when the hunting was slow, its surprising what a small comment of "How about trying over here," and watching them pull out a coin. :gettinmoney:

To this day they talk about it at times and how I "knew" how to pick the spots.:giggle:

Cheers...
~SSC

Hello from White Plains, New York!

Hi,

We are taking our small children to Pensacola for vacation and would like to buy them a metal detector. What would you recommend for a boy who is nearly 6 and 45 inches tall? And where would be a good place to start treasure hunting for small children!!

Thank you!!

Forgot to add that hubby has given us a budget of $200.

Get him a Tesoro Compadre ($160.00) and a sand scoop ($24.95) and take him to Pineapple Willy's on the beach www.Pwillys.com and wave at us on the camera! Good Luck! :cool:

Hello from Pensacola, FL. like another post said...do not go into gulf shores area..it is posted "No Metal Detecting" at all the beach access points. Pensacola beach...down around the pier is a good place to start. Also, there is a Santa Rosa office located on pensacola beach and they will be able to give you some ideas on were to metal detect. Good luck and HH :-)

Back
Top Bottom