Celestun Mexico trip

zeemang

Forum Supporter
Just got back from a quick overnight trip to Celestun, nice little town near me with enough history that i thought it might hold some goodies.... First shot is the view from the small condo we rented for the night, talk about close enough!
Beach was cutting, or ERODING might be a better way to say it. You can see about three different cut levels in the pictures of the beach. All in all i manged to find a decent number of coins (for me), a few little charms, two rings, one silver and one gold plated (getting closer, still no gold for me...) and a strange axe head thing that is not metal....Also, working on the mystery blob, it rings up as metal, but we'll see...

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF0894.jpg
    DSCF0894.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF0895.jpg
    DSCF0895.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 153
Nice report and pictures! That silver ring looks like a nice one. You are definitely closer to finding your first gold ring. Too bad you couldn't be there when those previous cuts were being made- they look deep! HH!

Just taking a stab here at the black blob.

Is this blob solid and dense like a rock? If it is, you might consider taking it to a person who has knowledge in the area of meteorites.

But, then again, if it's light for it's size, perhaps it's just containing something within.

Thinking out loud.

coolwhips. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom