A little gold and silver

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I went out for another short hunt... winds were strong out of west and was hoping it would push water out... did not happen but I still found a piece of a signet ring made by Jones & Woodland, a Newark, New Jersey company founded in 1896.... its got the same markings inside the band that was on the eagle rising thread...

All I found was the top of ring I thought it was a gold tooth.. was broken a long time ago weighs 2 grams.

Also found a silver war nickel and silver dime plus a couple buffalo nickels and a trolley token...

Attachments

• IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 399
  • J&W.jpg
    J&W.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 372
:dingding: Congrats on the gold and your old silvers.

On the old silver , sweet gold ring , bet your searching for the owner right now :lol:

Earl.... I'm pulling away from you... get out and hunt... I'm going to hunt a couple more times this week... btw its only the top of the ring....

:dingding: Congrats on the gold and your old silvers.

Your silver you can sell for more than scrap my silver you can't... its beat..

The gold melt value is $48... I don't even have to work this week with that kind of money in my pocket :lol:

Well done. I love the old gold, you know it's coming when that grey lead is about.
I haven't had any gold action for a few weeks now, the sand has arrvied in a big way over here. Marker rocks in the reef that usually face a 2m drop off in depth, can be walked to at waste deep now.

Well done. I love the old gold, you know it's coming when that grey lead is about.
I haven't had any gold action for a few weeks now, the sand has arrvied in a big way over here. Marker rocks in the reef that usually face a 2m drop off in depth, can be walked to at waste deep now.

I could have dug a couple pouchfuls of lead yesterday but decided to move from that spot... I walked another 50 yards further east to where I pulled the big plat ring last week... that is where I started pulling the silver and buffs then finally the ring top... I was working that spot slower than a snail... lots of bits of iron and non-ferrous targets mixed in.. I want to know what ate the seagulls head.. I wanted to take a picture of what I was working but my phone was dead the cold killed it... :lol:

Another one for the Pile!

Not seen earl in a while, maybe he is headed to the treasure coast with all the action going on down there.. :digginahole:

Those are super finds for a short hunt!
Our area will never produce finds like that.
Thanks atomic... sometimes one has to think out of box to find these spots.. people back in day didn't bathe much during winter months so any spot along the coast can hold things...

Another one for the Pile!

Not seen earl in a while, maybe he is headed to the treasure coast with all the action going on down there.. :digginahole:

Earl has company... he is busy :lol:

Nice Diggs! Silver, gold, and a couple buffs. If you only had a pulltab you would have had a full day. :)

Pulltabs are a rare find where I hunt just like Felix pennies in these old spots... :yes:

I know some good spots for pull tabs so maybe I'll go hunt for them :lol:

Nice hunt Craig - congrats on the gold and silver! :yes:

Thanks George.. hoping to get out tomorrow... was finishing up one of my leaf clean ups while it snowed lightly... didn't stick but it did add enough moisture to the leaves so they blew easier..

Back
Top Bottom