For fun - Take a guess Update: Results posted!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
These are some of my recent finds. They are currently undergoing electrolysis.

Anyone want to take a guess as to what they are? Two of them may likely be obvious to most of you.

UPDATE!!

The first was a war nickel. They always show up with deep black crud stuck to them here around the salt water.

The second I thought was broken key but turned out to be a good luck charm.

The third was a silver coin. When the silver around here spent most of it's life in the dry sand it stays greenish instead of dark purple as it would in salt water.

Attachments

• What are they.jpg
    What are they.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 516
  • What are they results.jpg
    What are they results.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
One quarter and two Felix's?

I am probably off because the other two looik bigger than pennies. However your salt water crusties sure seem to gain size with the crud on them.

If I had another guess I would say a half and two quarters.

Well number 1 is obviously a hand struck cob from around 1650, definitely a new world mint, probably from Peru. Number 2 looks suspiciously like a lolipop doubloon, and I gotta agree with OBN, number three is gold.

Well number 1 is obviously a hand struck cob from around 1650, definitely a new world mint, probably from Peru. Number 2 looks suspiciously like a lolipop doubloon, and I gotta agree with OBN, number three is gold.

"Lollipop Dubloon!" :laughing::laughing: Ya know!...In retrospect, you are most likely correct! Especially where Kap hunts! It cant be a Lillipution/Columbus miniature Waffle Iron pot metal trade component! Everyone knows Gullivers adventures took place in the S Pacific, and most likely Columbus had standard sized pizzel irons on board! So I was once again amiss and shot off my mouth before checking to see if it was loaded...

Even if it was some sort of 'Joe vs. Volcano' era WapaniWoo Islanders trade token, or Lillipution, whats it doing in Florida? Again, everybody knows thats S Pacific! Great ID there Fdutra!

In your honor, I will name the next boat I build "Lollipop Dubloon"....Its got a quizzical magic, and sort of fun right? I was nearly settled on "Si Mon Que" (SeaMonkey)...translated: 'Yes Man! What?' Great find there Kap! A damned old Lollipop Dubloon!

Or maybe its nothing but a damned old electrical box knock out? Or a damned old Golf Course divet replacer kind of tool? Still...It could be off the Space Shuttle right? Gus Grissoms even? Oh the Excitement!:laughing:

Last edited:
One quarter and two Felix's?

I am probably off because the other two looik bigger than pennies. However your salt water crusties sure seem to gain size with the crud on them.

If I had another guess I would say a half and two quarters.

Thanks for guessing! This was fun :) You had one right!

the top ones are gold coins

Wishful thinking! I've never found a gold coin except for that gold coin ring I found and that was a replica coin and tiny. Can't wait til a real old gold coin shows up! The other day at one of my spots another guy was there detecting and he said "You should have been here yesterday, someone found a gold coin." Never know if that was true though. Didn't see the coin myself but they are out there!

1- silver dime
2- aluminum token
3- silver quarter

<°)))>{

Thanks for guessing! This was fun :) You were very close! And correct on the token and quarter!

1) dime
2) penny
3) nickel

-David :lookclose:

Thanks for guessing David. This was fun!

couple of quarters and a half...

Thanks for guessing Z! This was fun!

#2 could be half of a very small waffle iron? like for tiny pizzeles? I'd say off of Columbus' main galley?

You had me laughing out loud! Too funny! I like how you think!

Two dog tags and a quarter

Good guesses! Close! and correct on the quarter!

You were so close! Thanks for the reply, made me look up lolipop doubloon! :laughing:

"Lollipop Dubloon!" :laughing::laughing: Ya know!...In retrospect, you are most likely correct! Especially where Kap hunts! It cant be a Lillipution/Columbus miniature Waffle Iron pot metal trade component! Everyone knows Gullivers adventures took place in the S Pacific, and most likely Columbus had standard sized pizzel irons on board! So I was once again amiss and shot off my mouth before checking to see if it was loaded...

Even if it was some sort of 'Joe vs. Volcano' era WapaniWoo Islanders trade token, or Lillipution, whats it doing in Florida? Again, everybody knows thats S Pacific! Great ID there Fdutra!

In your honor, I will name the next boat I build "Lollipop Dubloon"....Its got a quizzical magic, and sort of fun right? I was nearly settled on "Si Mon Que" (SeaMonkey)...translated: 'Yes Man! What?' Great find there Kap! A damned old Lollipop Dubloon!

Or maybe its nothing but a damned old electrical box knock out? Or a damned old Golf Course divet replacer kind of tool? Still...It could be off the Space Shuttle right? Gus Grissoms even? Oh the Excitement!:laughing:

We want a ride on that boat someday! Everyone here finds space shuttle parts they just don't know it and toss them back. <maybe>

I think number 3 is a chuck e cheese token.Lol.
Really I haven't a clue.

Good guess if you'd said that for number two that would have been close!

1. Iron washer
2. What's left of a key, probably brass.
3. Clad quarter

I thought KEY too! In fact I thought most of the guesses would guess key but so very few did.

#1 a Reale , #2 a Gold ring & Stone on top, # 3 A silver QTR. :lol:

Gold ring? I wish! You got the quarter right!

1. SLQ
2. 14k ring with stone
3. 2 real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for guessing this was fun! I wish it was a gold ring!

1. Reale of some kind.
2. Silver quarter
3. Two center

Good guesses! Thanks for replying. This was fun!

Photos of what they actually were will follow in a moment!

Thanks for guessing! This was fun :) You were very close! And correct on the token and quarter!

That was fun!

Hoping to see more of these mystery catches in the future..

Thanks for the interactive post, and congrats on the finds!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom