Silvers before the storm...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Got a Nor'easter bearing down on the CT coast, but today was in the 20's and sunny so Mark, George and I went to the beach for a afternoon hunt. They went in the water while I stayed on the slope with the Ex II and my repaired RTG... I got into a patch of targets and began digging down 2 scoops and sometimes 3 to recover them there would be more coil pix but the batteries in the camera gave out:roll: Here's everything for the 3 hour hunt...52 cents in clad, the usual beach scrap, 6 wheats and 6 silvers... silvers #30 to #35...dug a GW, Rosie, 3 Mercs and a Barber on the bottom right...beach trifecta! The Barber...It was windy and somewhat cold but we made the best of it and had a good time. Would have been nice to find gold but half a dozen silvers makes me happy:yes: Until the next outing, thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Congrats on all those silvers! But where was Craig during all these festivities? :?::lol:

Good hunt Bruce... I'm looking forward to making lots of money tomorrow... after this storm I hope spring comes...

Way to get it!

Stay on em Captain!

Good luck with the storm, I love windytv... Looks like a small hurricane...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20170312_231405.jpg
    IMG_20170312_231405.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 441
Nice hunt

Congrats on the silver, Craig white gold brother, only 6 to 8 here, they are talking measurements in feet up North , i would cherry pick some high paying side jobs to, Bruce looks like hunting is delayed, going to Bass pro, getting some boots, and Costco, getting ready for a little bit, cya , Looks like for you all, could get another BIG storm:windy::snowman3::sledding::snowtruck::snowshovel::cold: BE SAFE, EARL

Mines only been fixed once, still holding up!!

RTGs don't get old, the just get tougher lol...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20160515_003648.jpg
    IMG_20160515_003648.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_20160515_004016.jpg
    IMG_20160515_004016.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 410
Nice array of finds there, Capt Silver!

Question for you and anyone else; how do you 'clean' the cement-like sand off your coins? I've been able to do the clad with the vinegar & salt in a Tupperware and shake, but what about pennies (copper and zinc)? I've tried a number of ways to no avail. I know not to use vinegar/acids on copper, so I'm curious. Thanks.

Nice finds captain your a lucky man wish I could get to the beach half as much as you am lucky to find a few minutes to check out tnet i get a extra hour our lake and pond time now

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom