The Sand...

WaterWalker

Its been coming in over the years!

2005 Some of the dark areas below were over 5 feet deep at low tide and filled with targets!

2017 Now they have 5 feet of sand over them! Guess where all the targets are...

Attachments

• Sand 2005.jpg
    Sand 2005.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Sand 2017.jpg
    Sand 2017.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 292
Any idea where the sand is coming from? Might be possible it's from a different beach up or down from you.. 1 of my old hot spots looks exactly like yours. I traced where it was coming from

I feel your pain

Its the same way where I hunt, 4-5 years ago I was finding rings regularly. Now my area has sanded in as well, what can I say.
THE ONES STILL FINDING RINGS REGULARLY ARE THE ONES THAT HUNT SMART and KNOW HOW TO READ THE BEACH. Us mere mortals are getting the occasional fresh drops.
The choice for us is get smart or be prepared to find less.:detector:
Happy Hunting
Gerry

Where it came from...

Looking at the coast line...it looks pretty much the same for 100 miles north and south. I have read a lot about sand movement and I believe it had to come from Florida...
What I read was the sand moves north along the east coast and some where about Maine it head out to sea into a trench. After in the trench it returns south and comes back in below Florida and starts the trip all over again. Maybe they are not using as much sand on the streets the past 10 years. Nor'easter to hit tomorrow into Tuesday, lets spread the sand!

I sure wish it would get stuck in the trench for a few years. I know for a fact that I can wade much further out from shore than I could 10 years ago. It is a walk in the park but when I find a area with shallow sand cover and can dig in the rock...I am there for a few days.

I believe the sand is coming from Nantucket Sound. Those jetties are trapping the movement and causing it to pile up. The bay side has been much more friendly, some spots are down to rock and bog.

Back
Top Bottom