Officials warn of “imminent failure” at Oroville Dam’s emergency spillway

They are airlifting those bags of rocks to the west side of the parking lot.

C4liEevVMAAGU95.jpg

0yCKcWB.jpg

That little red circled area dont bode well does it? Its in an odd area? Weak point....What the levee guys would call a 'sand boil'...After following this potential disaster, I just dont see how they can save this reservoir from total catastrophic failure...What with the inbound weather forecast and all, big snow melt, etc......

Even if they somehow managed to dump 50' through that mortally damaged spillway before Wednesday when the rain storms hit, and thats a big IF, mathematically theres not enough time at the current CFM dump...With the 'Bag o Rock' dump quick patch?...I think they are futile attempts to buy time at this point..

I dont know...every redundant downstream constraints will be good and saturated too...not a good outlook here...unless the rain dont fall..

I dont know..they may have dodged a bullet here, seriously pumping mud and rock, dropping water...not for their credit though, simply reacting and saved by modern equipment...

If it dont fail by the 26-30th of Feb I would go back home and not worry about it....even with an inbound ArkStorm forecast!...They certainly got some big gear on the scene now!

Back
Top Bottom