Silver In The Coin Star! YAY!!

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
I was going to the coin star to cash in some clad. There was a guy in front of me cashing in his coins. But when he was done he didn't check the return trey, Well I Did and sure glad I did because there was a 1953 dime and a newer Canadian dime. Free silver.. My first time finding silver in the Coin Star return trey!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9261.jpg
    IMG_9261.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,176
Sweet find...congrats!! I found my first silver coin @ the coinstar a week ago myself(beautiful 44 merc!). I check them unabashedly now myself too :lol:

Just left the store, looked and seen two pennies and a dime in the tray. No silver lol 1987 dime 1963 Canadian penny and a 1997 penny

In the past I have purchased many rolls of coins turned into banks and a local store. Found many sheathed and silver dimes in penny rolls and dime rolls that have peoples hand writing their name and phone number. Typically from banks I only get rolls of half dollars, often buying all they had in the vault (which is usually only about 2-3 roils) I have found about 50 pre-64 ones, and about 10 franklin halves. Make the winter go by. I just replace with other coins already checked and return them when done.

wow thats cool! does the machine not take silvers??

It kicks silver back out, I'm guessing because of the weight difference. I noticed this too a few months ago. I washed up a bunch of this years clad to turn in and apparently there were a few silver rosies in there that I looked over. When I threw all the change in the Coinstar it kicked the 2 rosies back out. Good thing for me. :lol:

the coin return is pretty deep on those machines.. Afetr this thread i started looking in them just out of curiousity... saw a penny in the slot...went to get it and there were 9 pennys in there...all modern.:(

Nice going on the silver dime JBEXPRESS !!
I found these in the Coinstar yesterday .In the past I've found a few silver Rosies , quite a few wheats , one Silver Washington quarter and several foreign coins . I check the Coinstars every time I shop . A few times people have left large numbers of pennies .
Pictured here are yesterday's 61D Rosie and Korean ten Won .

Attachments

• C-star1.jpg
    C-star1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,426
  • C-star2.jpg
    C-star2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,413
Back
Top Bottom