Gorgeous thrift store gold....

aviationgale

Elite Member
Out yesterday and today because I am bored to death sitting around here and it was our 29th wedding anniversary. The first find was the Best Friends pendant that I wanted for my "gift" this year, because he is my one an only friend I have, so seemed fitting, 14kt- $5.00 Today we went back up to the Mts. to some places that we usually go to, but have not been there in a few weeks, maybe a month. The first store I really don't find all that much ever, but just starting pawing through the jewelry basket and the earrings "screamed" at me. The "nuggets" look real to me even though I have never seen a real one, but I'll have them checked out-$3.00 Next was a store even farther in the Mts. that I have had good luck with a few other times. As soon as I saw the pendant/pin I knew it was good. Got the loop out and saw a repair stating 14k on it. Can't find another mark on it but will have it checked out, but I'd almost bet my life on it, it is so stunning in person. I believe it to be rose gold. Ruby...maybe, maybe not $4.00 All cheaper than going out to eat......

Attachments

• 100_6484.jpg
    100_6484.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 703
  • 100_6480.jpg
    100_6480.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 654
  • 100_6479.jpg
    100_6479.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 635
  • 100_6473.jpg
    100_6473.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 631
You lucky.... You're Killin me!:bling:

Well there's not much to do when it is so blistering hot, so out snooping around we go. I mean there are times when I find absolutely nothing-nada-zilch-zero, but then there are days like this where I just get on a "roll" and find amazing stuff everywhere I go. Everyone should try it, I think you all would be surprised at what you may find. Oh yeah "junkie" yard sales are always good. Once YEARS ago found a massive Amethyst and gold ring for a $1.00 I ended up selling it for 50.00 kinda wish I had kept it..... good luck

Great picks! That would NEVER happen around here, silver and gold is picked by staff immediately and the junk goes out for sale. The one time I was browsing silverware, another customer came along and started sorting through it. Turns out he comes to look EVERY WEEK. No chance of me ever hitting a find in these parts doing that...

Great picks! That would NEVER happen around here, silver and gold is picked by staff immediately and the junk goes out for sale. The one time I was browsing silverware, another customer came along and started sorting through it. Turns out he comes to look EVERY WEEK. No chance of me ever hitting a find in these parts doing that...

That's too bad, they should not be doing that, after all it is donated. Well keep at it because you never know, somebody may miss something. Today I got skunked....I got nothing. Oh yeah sometimes gold will have the "mark" cut out in sizing, so if you "know" your gold they may miss it.

Well happy anniversary! Sounds like a good time, and definitely some good buys. The nugget earrings look real to me too, mounted on bone or shell, but hard to tell for sure.

Well happy anniversary! Sounds like a good time, and definitely some good buys. The nugget earrings look real to me too, mounted on bone or shell, but hard to tell for sure.

After I cleaned the earrings I ran them over my teeth, lol They "feel" plastic to me. Whatever they are I like them. I am now trying to figure a way to make them into pierced earrings.

Back
Top Bottom