Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 11-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Elite Member

Default Geocaching

I have found geocaching a great way to find new spots to detect. Beautiful morning but the ground was a bit frozen today so I decided to do some geocaching and hopefully find some new spots to hunt. Will never get permission to detect the forttress on the pictures, but I find a couple of other places I will ask for permission. Here is some pictures from the area I live, taken this morning
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Elite Member

Great pics as always persi we do a lot of geocaching as a family it a great way to see the area you live in. CNR

Old 11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Elite Member

Is that a WW2 gunnery? I think you have a perfect hobby --photography! You do a great job with those shots Persi. you should try selling some stock photos. Let me know and I will give you some sites to try.--Mike

Old 11-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by booker View post
Is that a WW2 gunnery? I think you have a perfect hobby --photography! You do a great job with those shots Persi. you should try selling some stock photos. Let me know and I will give you some sites to try.--Mike
Thanks guys. The gunnery is from 1898. The fort you can see down on the island was in use april 9th 1940 when it sunk the german battleship Blucher on the first german attack on Norway. 830 german soldiers get killed. Here is a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...C3%B8bak_Sound .
Photography is not really a hobby, but I like to bring my camera when Im outdoor. Old camera but it work nice, even if the zoom is destroyed. Never thought about trying to sell, but could be fun to give it a try