lost gold?

I have never found or picked up anything of value, at least over ten bucks. I did however kick some gold nuggets around before. If I had, I would definitely report it to the Govt. :laughing:

There are places on the earth, where something happened a number of years ago.
It can be a fairy tale...It can be real.
There are at the same time, treasure hunters that give their life to this items research.
Pay attention that they are FEW guys and well prepared on history and specially well economically based.
All that we can do sometimes is to rarely find a gold coin near the shore line lifted somewhere from a storm, but is what I've only read on other forums....
The end of the story is:1 of 1 million guys Can...

OK so almost 100% of salt water beach finds are modern items lost by swimmers???
Sorry I do not have cable TV so I really do not have a clue...
Most of the questions I get, come from people that have cable.
They seem more confused than me when I tell them I have no idea what they are asking about.
I love this hobby and this forum!!!!

From what I've read on here and my small amount of experience yes... majority of the stuff you find at the beach will be from people swimming or items that get dropped out of pockets. Not sure what your definition of modern is but I have seen quite a few older rings/coins pulled out of there. Depends on where you go.

Gary Drayton has some treasure finds.

Jersey beaches had some silver a few years back from replenishment dredging.

Right place at the right time..............

Treasure that washes ashore can usually be found in certain locations, Like in Florida where the sea shelf is shallow and treasure can be pushed by storm surge to the shore.

Not a fairy tale in Florida. There's thousands of gold coins lost on Florida shores. If your in the right place at the right time you can find them. The problem is that there are hundreds of people looking every day which makes it even harder. It's easy to find the people that found one because they are usually running to the bathroom to clean their shorts! :lol:

Yup, a Lemon shark was swimming around me in Florida around thanksgiving. I didn't mind when I could see him, it's when I couldn't see him that I didn't like.

OK! NO Thanks on the water hunting!!!!:D
I live in Illinoi and have 2 surfboards on an old wagon I take to car shows. Everyone asks if I surf... I say NO! there are sharks in that water!!

Nice read Hotrod Tom!
Alton is just 20-25 miles away. I do not go in that water either...
I think I will stick with my parks and private lots for my personal enjoyment!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 343
Back
Top Bottom