Dry Sand Beach Merc

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I metal detected for 6 years until I got my first Merc in 2011. I happened to get 2 that year and had not gotten any more until this year - a beautiful one in January and now this one in good shape and nice & shiny from the sand! $5.64 total, a beautiful angel medallion (pewter?) and a nice Merc, not bad for almost 2 hours of detecting after work! :yes:

Attachments

• 2-25-14.jpg
    2-25-14.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 679
  • 2-25-14 Merc.jpg
    2-25-14 Merc.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 678
Good job Felix! That Merc doesn't look like it was in the sand very long, might have come out of someone's pocket change.

Good job Felix! That Merc doesn't look like it was in the sand very long, might have come out of someone's pocket change.

Ron/Craig: I don't think so. I have gotten 2 off the same beach in the same "dry sand zone". I think they're showing up because sand is being transported from other, much drier sections, further away from beach. This beach uses a lot of heavy machinery, cleaning off the surface and moving stuff around. Detecting the the dry sand here I have found yields surprises every now and then.

Ron/Craig: I don't think so. I have gotten 2 off the same beach in the same "dry sand zone". I think they're showing up because sand is being transported from other, much drier sections, further away from beach. This beach uses a lot of heavy machinery, cleaning off the surface and moving stuff around. Detecting the the dry sand here I have found yields surprises every now and then.

Well that is even better than, Congratz buddy!!

Nice find. Congrats. I too have found a similar angels along with a clover medallion over time. When I found two of the same I thought what were the chances? Now I saw you found one too! Anybody know about these?
HH

Attachments

• IMG_00000457.jpg
    IMG_00000457.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_00000458.jpg
    IMG_00000458.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 334
Plantguy - :neat:

After a little research on the angel I found them for sale on various places on the web. They're called "Pocket Angels" and are made of pewter as I had suspected.

Attachments

• Pocket-angels-silver-pewter.jpg
    Pocket-angels-silver-pewter.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 423
Great job on the Merc!
I found one of those angels a couple years ago and gave it to my sister-in-law because she loves everything angelic.
Mine said Healing on the back:D

Attachments

• angel.jpg
    angel.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 324
Back
Top Bottom