First week with the Excal

Mikeguard01

Elite Member
My CTX has went off for some minor repairs. I couldn't stand it anymore so I bought an Excal II. Well I have to say it didn't take long to learn this new heater and I scored a nice 14K wedding band the first time out. This machine is wearing me out digging deep holes. Here's the loot for this past week. 1 14K wedding band, 2 10K rings one is a wax seal, 1 1928 Peace dollar, 4 Walker halfs and a Franklin, 9 Washingtons, 3 Rosies, 3 war nickels, 1 Buffalo, 18 nickels from the 40's to early 60's, 5 silver rings(1 fell apart), 3 silver religious metals(the one next to the dollar weighs 32 grams),1 silver cross, 2 silver ID braclets(one belongs to a WWII veteran I'm trying to track him down weighs 42 grams), 27 wheaties, and finally some plated junk. I'm loving the Excal.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20140721_202619.jpg
    IMG_20140721_202619.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_20140717_204812.jpg
    IMG_20140717_204812.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_20140716_204348.jpg
    IMG_20140716_204348.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_20140718_204615.jpg
    IMG_20140718_204615.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_20140718_204901.jpg
    IMG_20140718_204901.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 643
Very nice hunt WTG with the gold you got to love the Excalibur ll:detector: cause I love my excel:mder:...:cool:

Nice hunting Mike, kinda makes you wonder why the CTX did not hit those goodies...:shock:
Love the Half's and the big Silver Bracelet and Peace dollar...Excal is smoking in PinPoint Mode!!!

That religious metal is a monster!!! Never seen one that big before...

Great Post my Pirate friend!

Sometimes its just best to keep it simple out there. Nothing to look at to tell you NOT to dig. Get some more time on it and let us know how the two compare on GOLD. I dont care that you can dig a quarter at 2 ft with the CTX.... Think about the gold ... how deep was it, did you just miss the target the fist time, and would both machine have gotten the target?

Dew

You are tearing it up! Do you find you can retrieve targets quicker with the Excalibur, seen you don't have the screen to distract you ?
I just bought my second Excalibur 2 and got the 8" this time, like it just as much as my 10". Great machines that's for sure.
Keep hammering it you're doing awesome.

Nice hunting Mike, kinda makes you wonder why the CTX did not hit those goodies...:shock:
Love the Half's and the big Silver Bracelet and Peace dollar...Excal is smoking in PinPoint Mode!!!

That religious metal is a monster!!! Never seen one that big before...

Great Post my Pirate friend!
Thanks Joe. Pin point is the only way to go. I would have missed most of those targets running in disc.
I like to do a test with the Excal and CTX side by side on deep targets.
When I scooped up that religious metal I thought I had another dollar, biggest one I ever saw.

Mike

You are tearing it up! Do you find you can retrieve targets quicker with the Excalibur, seen you don't have the screen to distract you ?
I just bought my second Excalibur 2 and got the 8" this time, like it just as much as my 10". Great machines that's for sure.
Keep hammering it you're doing awesome.

Thanks. In the water I don't look at the screen as much on the CTX because I can't see it in the murky water. I have noticed in the shallow water that the 1-50 deep targets that jumps to a good number every now and then has been a good target. I guess I'm running both machines the same way, if it's not iron dig. Recovery time with both machines is somewhat slow since the targets are so deep. The sides of the hole collapse so fast I'm hurrying to dig 3 scoops out with the Trex only to find it's still deeper.

Mike

Sometimes its just best to keep it simple out there. Nothing to look at to tell you NOT to dig. Get some more time on it and let us know how the two compare on GOLD. I dont care that you can dig a quarter at 2 ft with the CTX.... Think about the gold ... how deep was it, did you just miss the target the fist time, and would both machine have gotten the target?

Dew

Dew so far both machines have hit some really deep gold. I think they are pretty close on depth. I like the Excals waterproofing a lot better than the CTX, also the option to hip or back mount it. The CTX will wear you out in deep water since it does float.

Mike

One week and the detector is close to 1/2 way being paid for itself. Can't beat that! :yes:

I like to do a test with the Excal and CTX side by side on deep targets
We can do that this fall when things calm down, I have one other machine I would like to add in there, specially at that location....the DF. Emi could be an issue.

Mike my friend,
What a haul! I love my ctx but now I have the hots for a excal. That last ring with the Roman head. I have one like that which my Mother purchased for my Dad when I was 5 years old. Dad passed away two years ago and Mom gave it to me. Of course I think it's priceless. Dad's ring is now 58 years old. For me I think That's the best find I've seen thus far! What a find.
Gary

Mike my friend,
What a haul! I love my ctx but now I have the hots for a excal. That last ring with the Roman head. I have one like that which my Mother purchased for my Dad when I was 5 years old. Dad passed away two years ago and Mom gave it to me. Of course I think it's priceless. Dad's ring is now 58 years old. For me I think That's the best find I've seen thus far! What a find.
Gary
Gary,
Don't give up just yet on the CTX. As you know it has found some deep gold for me. I think it will shine in trashed in beaches. Your dad's ring will always remind you of him and can be handed down to your kids. I have my Grandfather's and Uncle's rings that will stay in the family.
Mike

Mike..... if you are hunting in sand where the hole collapses..... give it a couple of seconds ..... the dig right in the middle. Targets tend move to the center of the hole.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom