Have You Ever Seen An 1851 $1 Gold Coin?

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
Well, you have now! :D

I went to a small swimming area today and scored 3 gold. One was this tiny coin. The other two are ladies rings. One is a .7 gram 10K promise ring. The other is a pretty 14K with a small diamond. When I found the coin, I knew right away it was gold by the look of the edge. I figured it was a replica miniature coin. It is the real deal. They were made this small back then because people complained the $1 silver coins were too large. Ones in perfect condition go for over $1000. This one is circulated so I am guessing about $250. It probably fell out of someones coin ring is my guess.

I normally don't post gold finds anymore due to lurkers but this one is special. Tiny little sucker is worth some bucks. Got to love this hobby.

Good luck to everyone!!

Attachments

• IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 984
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,002
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 981
  • IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,005
Last edited:
Welcome to the gold coin club! PM bigpoppa:D Likely fell out of a bezel. That little screw needs to be checked to keep them closed:lol:Seen lots of gold coins on necks this year. Looks like one less:lol: I'd auction that baby on fleabay. Finally sold my gold coin for $400. 10k panda met its fate at ARA:lol:

Huge congrats!!!

A gold coin is on my bucket list, maybe some day...

Great hunt!

<*)))>{

That is Sweet!! Love that color!! My first year detecting the water I lucked into one, in a ring...wish I would have saved it now...So hold on to it!!

You're probably correct about the coin ring or possibly a chain or charm bracelet coin... great finds Greg.

She is in great shape. I would love to find one like that. Thanks for sharing. Whoever lost that had a bad day lol. hh an gl -Joe

Well, you have now! :D

I went to a small swimming area today and scored 3 gold. One was this tiny coin. The other two are ladies rings. One is a .7 gram 10K promise ring. The other is a pretty 14K with a small diamond. When I found the coin, I knew right away it was gold by the look of the edge. I figured it was a replica miniature coin. It is the real deal. They were made this small back then because people complained the $1 silver coins were too large. Ones in perfect condition go for over $1000. This one is circulated so I am guessing about $250. It probably fell out of someones coin ring is my guess.

I normally don't post gold finds anymore due to lurkers but this one is special. Tiny little sucker is worth some bucks. Got to love this hobby.

Good luck to everyone!!

I agree, probably was in a ring/pendant, but still its over 150 years old. You were able to check off (2) things when you found it....a water hunt item and a relic!

Wow!!!!!! :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Amazing find. Congrats to ya.

Just out of curiosity what kind go a signal did you get on the coin? Foil? Nickel? Something else?

Nice twin find; a beautiful old coin and gold. The triplet would have been to find a ring/necklace with it. What was your oldest coin before this?

Conga-Rats for you...
:egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:

R5

Back
Top Bottom