First week with the Excal

then dig right in the middle. Targets tend move to the center of the hole.

Dew
So you dig 3 to 4 scoops fast, and if you missed it will work its way to the center?

Just killing it there!!

Looks like a virgin beach to me...

Congrats!
You would think but it has been hunted for years....all of the bay beach's have been hit hard, the sands shift, and things just open up....

Great looking hunt for a week... a little advice sell that CTX before the warranty runs out... they may be a good machine but are fragile and something that costs that much shouldn't be. ;)

Thanks for the replies. The CTX was fine until I did a lot of water hunting. Just wore some parts out. I love both Minlab machines and will run it hard until the warranty runs out. Then it will stay on dry land. I'm still waiting for the CTX to come back. Called last week and they said it's there and the have to do the repairs in order of the RMA numbers which is fine. My buddy sent his in a week after mine and his will be here tomorrow.

Mike

Thanks for the replies. The CTX was fine until I did a lot of water hunting. Just wore some parts out. I love both Minlab machines and will run it hard until the warranty runs out. Then it will stay on dry land. I'm still waiting for the CTX to come back. Called last week and they said it's there and the have to do the repairs in order of the RMA numbers which is fine. My buddy sent his in a week after mine and his will be here tomorrow.

Mike

At least ML is consistent with expensive machines that need to be babied :laughing: First it was the Excalibur then they figured with as many as they sell lets make a more expensive machine and we don't have to build them stronger because these guys will still pay whatever we want and get them repaired... :laughing:

Of course they discontinue two lower priced, heavier duty detectors that find gold but made them little money in repairs :laughing:

At least ML is consistent with expensive machines that need to be babied :laughing: First it was the Excalibur then they figured with as many as they sell lets make a more expensive machine and we don't have to build them stronger because these guys will still pay whatever we want and get them repaired... :laughing:

Of course they discontinue two lower priced, heavier duty detectors that find gold but made them little money in repairs :laughing:
I still have my ExplorerXS works as well as the day I bought it. The CTX showed up today. I might put the 17 on and see what she will do in the water.

I had to send my CTX in today...they told me the turnaround time is about 10-15 days. I have a software glitch in mine :blink:
Ouch, what's the symptoms? I shipped mine before the Fourth of July and just got it back. I think the holiday slowed things down. I hope you saved your programs. Detecting withdraw is the worst, that's why I bought the excal.
Mike

Ouch, what's the symptoms? I shipped mine before the Fourth of July and just got it back. I think the holiday slowed things down. I hope you saved your programs. Detecting withdraw is the worst, that's why I bought the excal.
Mike

Tell me about it Mike! The good thing is, I'm only 6 months into the 3 year warranty. However, the bad news is I am only 6 months into a newly bought machine and having to send it in for software repairs. It just further proves the stories you read about the CTX needing work. But I cant say much, I use mine several times a week...in land, sand and water and was eventually going to need repairs at that rate. I just met up with Joe, he's loaning me his CTX until mine returns back from ML :yes: I had all my GeoHunts, Find Points and Programs save on my solid state drive...I would really really hate to loose all that stuff. I record every hunt and find. Joe mentioned you tried the Excal and bought one the next day? Haha, I need to do the same! But check out the video below I made for ML. My house isn't always that messy...we just had our outer walls dense packed.

I am just not a fan of the CTX from what I have seen,,,not that I have ever hunted with one but it is just too much bells and whistles for me,,,,,IOW, there is a lot of things that can go wrong with that machine, and it is bad enough to keep an excal running without sending it in for expensive repairs, I hate to think what the guys with them are going to pay for repairs when their warranty runs out,,,,,if I missed 3 golds a year by using the excal versus the CTX, I really don't care,,,,,GL HH

I am just not a fan of the CTX from what I have seen,,,not that I have ever hunted with one but it is just too much bells and whistles for me,,,,,IOW, there is a lot of things that can go wrong with that machine, and it is bad enough to keep an excal running without sending it in for expensive repairs, I hate to think what the guys with them are going to pay for repairs when their warranty runs out,,,,,if I missed 3 golds a year by using the excal versus the CTX, I really don't care,,,,,GL HH

You're not missing any gold... its the CTX crowd that is missing it :yes: BBS is hotter on gold than FBS is

Tell me about it Mike! The good thing is, I'm only 6 months into the 3 year warranty. However, the bad news is I am only 6 months into a newly bought machine and having to send it in for software repairs. It just further proves the stories you read about the CTX needing work. But I cant say much, I use mine several times a week...in land, sand and water and was eventually going to need repairs at that rate. I just met up with Joe, he's loaning me his CTX until mine returns back from ML :yes: I had all my GeoHunts, Find Points and Programs save on my solid state drive...I would really really hate to loose all that stuff. I record every hunt and find. Joe mentioned you tried the Excal and bought one the next day? Haha, I need to do the same! But check out the video below I made for ML. My house isn't always that messy...we just had our outer walls dense packed.

I haven't seen that one before, glad to hear Joe is going to bail you out and you won't go through withdraw. Also that you saved all your data. I like being able to see where I have been and what was found. It has helped finding old trails that led to more coins. The Excal was easy for me to learn I just need better hearing.
Mike

The Excal was easy for me to learn I just need better hearing.
I have to say I have never seen a hunter learn, and be one with his machine as mike has! And it is a bone stock machine.....

Mike, MM is training my machine to find silver..I dropped it off this morning and he was ready to go hunting....

Back
Top Bottom