Whistled, got tung, and knocked some teeth out!

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Hit the beach today. And before I go any further I will say I taught myself how to water hunt here. So I use my feet to feel the bottom and tell me what's going on. All I wear is the cheap OP Wallyworld water shoes. And I pull the bottom padding out as soon as I get them. Obviously you can't pull the liners out before you buy a pair. But put on a pair without your socks and step on your car keys. You'll get an idea of how you can feel what it is with your feet:D
Felt for some bottom I was looking for. Hit a target and felt it with my foot. It was a 17.8 gram Tungsten sitting on top of the sand:shock:. Sinkers around were on top as well:yes: Did lose one low tone in the strong current and big waves. If you look at my finds you can tell it wasn't a pulltab:( Never know whether it was a nickel or a gold medallion. Tried to hit it again for 45 minutes and it was gone:no:
Last target was a grill. Wave hit me so hard I had to limp to my vehicle. Looks like it may be Platinum? I know its a fitted set. Not those padded copper ones. Not buying a test kit until the end of the year as slow as its been. Plus ARA will let me know if I'm wrong:lol:
During the hunt, I stepped on either a big Flounder or a big stingray. Luckily when I was bracing for the pain, it never came. maybe a fishermen cut off it's barb? All I know is I'm glad I didn't get the business end:laughing:

Attachments

• SAM_1470.jpg
    SAM_1470.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 456
  • SAM_1471.jpg
    SAM_1471.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 458
  • SAM_1472.jpg
    SAM_1472.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 447
  • SAM_1473.jpg
    SAM_1473.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 449
  • SAM_1476.jpg
    SAM_1476.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 446
  • SAM_1478.jpg
    SAM_1478.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Crazy! I don't think I'll ever find a grill...

Well there is one tungsten ring for your tests anyway...

Looks like you were in the right spot..

Congrats on the finds, I would have to test the grill ASAP...

<*)))>{

They don't seem heavy enough for platinum Larry... maybe they are nickel :lol:

Congrats on the digs..I think grills are an East Coast thing, They come out of the water pretty regular on the right coast.

They don't seem heavy enough for platinum Larry... maybe they are nickel :lol:

Maybe they used what they thought was Platinum out of a Catalytic converter and got some aluminum?:lol: Guess it's gonna make me buy a test kit real soon:lol:

Congrats on the digs..I think grills are an East Coast thing, They come out of the water pretty regular on the right coast.

Yeah a month ago a guy stopped and asked me where you buy a detector at since he was looking for one. He had a full mouth of gold ones. Got to wear them young since they destroy your tooth enamel.

OMG that is hilarious!

Funny, I stepped on a big class ring Saturday night. Kept my foot on it as the waves were attempting to push me away. Was afraid to take my foot off it to scoop it. Tried to pick it up with my toes but I couldn't.

Finally in a break in the waves I planted the lip of the scoop under it and brought that sucker to the surface.

It was a nice shiny fat 21 gram...

SNAIL :laughing:

Nice hunt Larry, hope that grill is platinum!

Cliff

Fixing to order a test kit. Rather it be Plat than 10k white gold.

I found a tiny plat ring in the spring that weighed 3.6 grams it was a size 3 and very thin... those teeth are not platinum anymore than that brass ring that Greg found who was adamant it was gold... :lol:

I found a tiny plat ring in the spring that weighed 3.6 grams it was a size 3 and very thin... those teeth are not platinum anymore than that brass ring that Greg found who was adamant it was gold... :lol:

Craig, I thought the same thing when I seen just over 5gs on a grill,,,,,just doesn't have the weight,,,,

Larry, that is a great hunt by all means and you saved me shipping costs to send you a tung,,,:laughing:great pics with the fish,,,,BTW, put the grill under your pillow and it may turn to Plat in the morning,,,,right Greg,,,,:laughing:GL HH

Dude, those grillz are nasty stainless steel. :laughing: They look good in the fish. Did they fit you? :laughing: We are going to come and see you in a couple weeks. Be ready to show us where the gold is. :D

Back
Top Bottom