WHAT Coin Roll Hunting cost Money!!!???

:mad: This is how I feel after hearing from the bank that I need to start paying to change cash to coins. Is this like a new rule for Illinois or am I doing it wrong? I only use one bank. Please tell me some info about this...

:mad: This is how I feel after hearing from the bank that I need to start paying to change cash to coins. Is this like a new rule for Illinois or am I doing it wrong? I only use one bank. Please tell me some info about this...

I "cash in" coins all the time.....but I've never been a fan of hunting for a few "wheats" or whatever. The gas prices up here are nuts. I've hunted the "good" areas in my town. It's cheaper to drive to those sites than to hit my bank.......

Dusty

My bank does not charge for buying coins or cashing them in. I buy a box of kennedys every month and cash them back in, no problem.

My Bank is My Bank

Some banks charge fees to order boxes of coin.Just find one that does not.Your bank should not have a fee for buying loose rolls try doing that.

My bank does not charge for buying coins or cashing them in. I buy a box of kennedys every month and cash them back in, no problem.

My Bank is My Bank

I live in a town with 9000 poor people in it...Alamosa County.....homeless folks sit on the corners of Walmart everyday with signs looking for work. I doubt a silver half dollar is going to get past the folks here.....

Sometimes I regret moving here, especially in the winter, but the rest of the year makes up for it..........ya just gotta adjust.:yes:

Dusty

Old news, when you get slapped with the "f" word move on to a new bank :)

I'll probably get flamed for taking the bank's side on this, but ordering the coins does cost the banks money, and unless you are a big customer (i.e. big account), you are costing them money for which they don't see a return. CRH is very widespread now with the price of silver, and banks are not in the business of providing free services. I did CRH for a while, and the bank was very nice about giving me $100 worth of halves at a time with no fee, but if I had started ordering a couple boxes ($1000) per week, they might not have been as cooperative. I have a large account at the bank BTW.

I have never had any problems. I might go get a box here and there but they never charge me for them. Hopefully you will find a bank that doesn't charge you. Good Luck!

Banks are a rip off

Banks are a rip off . They have all kinds of hidden fees. Here on the East Coast if you want money from a atm it cost you 3.25 to make a transaction. Some are better than others. Check your statement next time, and see what kind of fees you are paying to get and use your money. I realize its a business ,but there using your money. If a bank started pressing me for fees , I would immediately close all my accounts and go somewhere else. As far as coin roll hunting at my bank they do not charge. When I am done I put them in the coin machine( no charge) I would say look around for another bank if they press you.

Banks are a rip off . They have all kinds of hidden fees. Here on the East Coast if you want money from a atm it cost you 3.25 to make a transaction. Some are better than others. Check your statement next time, and see what kind of fees you are paying to get and use your money. I realize its a business ,but there using your money. If a bank started pressing me for fees , I would immediately close all my accounts and go somewhere else. As far as coin roll hunting at my bank they do not charge. When I am done I put them in the coin machine( no charge) I would say look around for another bank if they press you.

Yep, they are loaning out your money at anywhere from 4% to 12% (more on credit cards).......shop around.

Dusty

My bank has always been nice and let me buy large quantities of coins. I just go through them and the ones that are not anything I want I just spend. They also don't charge to use their atm.

Here on the East Coast if you want money from a atm it cost you 3.25 to make a transaction.

I've been using ATMs for cash withdrawals for years (once a week or so), and haven't paid a fee yet. My bank only charges if you use another bank's ATM. I think a lot of banks have that policy. Might be a problem if your bank doesn't have a lot of branches.

Back
Top Bottom