Sunday morning honker

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Given the nor’easter that just whacked the CT shoreline yesterday , I was up at 5am to meet Craig for a morning hunt. I got on the beach, noise cancelled, walked 20 feet and BAM, platinum honker on the first target. 12.5 grams of .950 goodness. (And it fits) lol
I dug a bunch of greenies and a couple silver dimes too.
Hopefully I can make it out mid week for another hunt. Been on a hot streak lately.
ac7b214a84e623a744c4d2b403edabd7.jpg

b26b54c1a48b58821ab7e9bac901e88e.jpg

cd98f4b8c8ee755becffb9475fa97f0c.jpg

824c0f925f017d1ae3593df9cf1822d4.jpg

37890c2d0e9aeb261b1c3d94daf576f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer finds!!! What makes the beaches up north so much better than Myrtle beach?? At Myrtle there is prob at least 20 foot of new sand at all times. Up north you guys always find old silver coins and old jewelry. I notice a lot of big rocks and cuts also. Myrtle has none of that

I think all your sand that is gone from up there has showed up on our beaches here :(

SWEET SWEET SWEET find though! And on the first target.... awesome!!

:dingding: It fits great! Did Craig try to take a nibble out of your ring and just got the top of your ring finger instead? :lol: BTW - if you're not going to be using that Euro coin you can just ship it down to me. ;)

Congrats George on the Platinum. Something i have never recovered. You really did take nice haul with the Ring, Silvers and all the rest. Hope you do find the time to get back out soon. Trapper

:dingding: It fits great! Did Craig try to take a nibble out of your ring and just got the top of your ring finger instead? :lol: BTW - if you're not going to be using that Euro coin you can just ship it down to me. ;)

Lol smashed my finger trying to carry an AC unit down my cellar hatch. Craig has been known to eat fingers though.

I dont know there Geo? You sure thats a Plat ring? The thing looks pretty beat up...Markings are not crisp enough to clearly determine either! Could it be 950 Mexican silver? Or some sort of High K white gold maybe? What did it sound like? Low or high?

I sure wouldnt ever guess it as Plat or even Tungsten though...not being that beat up...???. Its like a heavy soft metal? I found a dmaned ring called a "P4" a few years back, which was a bastard amalgamation, Silver, Plat, Gold Palladium....mostly silver though...:?: I dont know dude...that one sorta has some strangeness in appearance?...for my own knowledge..please prove me wrong!

Last edited:
Nice hunt! Boy, that platinum seems heavy for it's size! I wouldn't know. Never hefted any PT before. Congrats!

Platinum is 59% more dense than 14K gold. It's quite heavy for it's size.

The one PT 900 ring I found was beat up like this too. Rings can get whacked pretty good over the years worn.

Cheers,

Skippy

Last edited:
I dont know there Geo? You sure thats a Plat ring? The thing looks pretty beat up...Markings are not crisp enough to clearly determine either! Could it be 950 Mexican silver? Or some sort of High K white gold maybe? What did it sound like? Low or high?

I sure wouldnt ever guess it as Plat or even Tungsten though...not being that beat up...???. Its like a heavy soft metal? I found a dmaned ring called a "P4" a few years back, which was a bastard amalgamation, Silver, Plat, Gold Palladium....mostly silver though...:?: I dont know dude...that one sorta has some strangeness in appearance?...for my own knowledge..please prove me wrong!

The pic of the stamp is just crappy. It’s a clear PT stamp on inside but the pic looks like PY. It’s good. My other platinum ring looked beat up like that too before I had it buffed and polished. Came in a 13 on the nox.

Back
Top Bottom