Will I be disappointed? 1280X to F2

H2O ADDICTION

I have a borrowed old 1280x and am looking to be getting an F2 soon (it's what is in my budget) I've been swinging the borrowed 1280X when I can and am getting better at reading the tones and adjusting the unit. The beach I was at today gets hammered nearly every morning by a bevvy of sly old detectorist's. I went at noon and focused on a relatively small area. In about 45 minutes I came up with some pennies, dimes, lead and some junk. I am surprised these old timers leave so much in the sand. Will I be disappointed with the F2 after using the aquanaut? Mind you I've been doing a lot of land hunting and when beach hunting I don't mind staying in the dry stuff mostly. Really looking forward to getting my F2 - I hope it's gonna be good for me! I've found a few silver dimes and a silver quarter so far - along with a steel "43" with the Aquanaut on land. Only been at this a few months - Fun!

F2 probably won't get nearly the depth of the 1280x... you are comparing a $700 machine to a $200 machine. You'll get 6-8" with the F2 depending on the target size/composition. In the $200 range, F2 is probably your best option though.

Thanks Crumble,

Yeah - I get dimes and pennies at 10 inches with the borrowed 1280x on the beach - I think I find stuff with it others don't. I can go to a beach and take home a handful of change and lead any day of the week it seems. Even after a bunch of guys just swept the whole thing for hours... I like this old machine but it's not mine. I can afford an F2 - If I don't like it I'm sure I can get near what I pay for it resale and then bump up someday - I'm hooked!

i have been useing the f2 for almost two years now and it is a great machine. you will like it. im upgrading to the F75 SE this week.

I have a borrowed old 1280x and am looking to be getting an F2 soon (it's what is in my budget) I've been swinging the borrowed 1280X when I can and am getting better at reading the tones and adjusting the unit. The beach I was at today gets hammered nearly every morning by a bevvy of sly old detectorist's. I went at noon and focused on a relatively small area. In about 45 minutes I came up with some pennies, dimes, lead and some junk. I am surprised these old timers leave so much in the sand. Will I be disappointed with the F2 after using the aquanaut? Mind you I've been doing a lot of land hunting and when beach hunting I don't mind staying in the dry stuff mostly. Really looking forward to getting my F2 - I hope it's gonna be good for me! I've found a few silver dimes and a silver quarter so far - along with a steel "43" with the Aquanaut on land. Only been at this a few months - Fun!

f2 performs more like a 500 dollar machine rather than a 200 dollar machine. You will see. F2 hound me 20 to 30 silver coins my first 4 months metal detecting oldest being a 1906 barber dime. All in the dirt never used it on sand tho.

Back
Top Bottom