MP3 Digital from KellyCo????

J

JohnnyG

Ok, does anyone on the forum own one of these detector? MP3, MP3 Pro, MP5, MPx
The only place I have seen them for sale is kellyco and aardvark. I have read the so-called "field tests" of these dirt cheap detectors and they claim to be able to find coins at 12" deep!!!
Also, the rod and coil look just like a Fisher. Does anyone know anything about these detectors? Are they built by Fisher? Are they any good?

The reason you only see them at Kellyco[Aardvark is Kellyco] is because they are made in China specifically for them. There is defilnitely no connection to Fisher. There have been a few reports on them here, none very good. Stick with a name brand, Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Tesoro Whites, and you won't go wrong.

Just a word of caution to everyone :
Field Tests are usually biased at best.
Sometimes (in this case here) the detector being reviewed is a sole companies detector and THEY are the reviewer. Sometimes field tests are written by factory reps ; Do you think they'll say something bad about it? Magazines do feild tests also. Again , who advertises there? The manufacturers of course spend the big bucks to keep the magazines afloat and in over 30 years have yet to read a field test that said the detector was bad or cheap or didn't perform well. Also most reviews tend to spend a lot of time talking about the controls and not the performance. When it comes to the performance it is usually inconclusive. Research , talking to detector operators that you trust and taking in many views is the right way to go in my mind. Leave the reviews for Hollywood movies.
:grin:

TonyinCT said:
The manufacturers of course spend the big bucks to keep the magazines afloat and in over 30 years have yet to read a field test that said the detector was bad or cheap or didn't perform well.

Yes, strange that isn't it ? :?:

Ditto on what Poptop said.
Whites
Fisher
Minelab
Garrett
Tesoro
Well known,tested,proven and trusted name brands.

Never heard of an MP3 brand detector before but I do know where Kellyco/Advark get those detectors from in China. Shanghaii Institute of Microwave Technology, just google them and you will see their list of export products. Here is a little secret, if for some reason you want one of the not-so-good detectors they make to try out or play with all you have to do is write them and state that you are interested in importing a large quantity to the USA for re-sale and if you press them hard enough they will send sample(s) for the shipping cost only. I got two of their junky underwater detector's this way. One of the detector's I got from them is advertised as the Aquavision Pro Underwater Metal Detector and it is a serious piece of trash, I was even tempted to bury it in the sand after field testing it on the beach ;). eBay is flooded with these units at the moment selling for $228.00USD and Kellyco/Ardvark sell them under the name Trident and Aquavision. The price amazes me because from China in bulk they cost only 68.00USD per unit. People are making big $$$$ selling these less-than-desirable units. :(

osiris... I just did a search for them and there they are. Those are definity the MP3 detectors. What a scam.... well.... I suppose it's not a scam to make a profit, but that is good to know anyway.
I was just curious about them. I would never spend that kind of money for one.

I owned an MP3 Pro Digital about a couple months ago.For a cheaper priced detector I must say I liked it more than the Garrett GTA 350 AND 500 that I was also using at the time.If all you are looking to find is coins you can set it to only find rings upto 50 cent pieces and it does an excellent job filtering out the trash.I loved mine and could swing it all day long as it was light weight.It also did excellent in the dry sand at the beach.I would look to get it on Ebay rather than through Aardvark or Kellyco as you can get them considerably cheaper.Hope this helps!!

Jonny G, if you are curious to check the detector out and see for yourself how it works do the pitch to them through Alibaba or another asian related import export site. They WILL send you a sample of all their detector's if you convince them you are going to import quite a few units to the US for re-sale. Just say you need to field test them before your board, investors, backers, etc. can make the investment. All you will have to pay is the shipping. I got three models for under 100 dollars shipped right to my door.

Have fun and write back to let us know what happens :yes:

user18 said:
It's pretty much universally true that you get what you pay for.
Epi-Hunter, I notice that you use a Fisher CZ3D, How is it? I just ordered one from Tony after looking at reviews and reading about it's features. I figured I would get what appears to be a decent machine for land and water. What is your experience with it?
Thanks
Roger B

Back
Top Bottom