CR hunters UNITE! Help me!

0z0ne

Okay my friends, I've gotta ask.
I figure the best way to 'know' is to gather as much input as possible to come out with some accurate statistics.

First off, I am totally new to CRH. Secondly, understand that though I am a patient man, i do love to ask questions, and I love it more when I'm answered.
So here we are!

FED rolls!
I have read soo many threads ( here and elsewhere) regarding the topic of FED supplied bank rolls being 'rigged'. Though there is no proof, many believe that they pull silvers and other oldies from circulation and only roll/send out recent/newly minted clad crap. Some say there are silver detecting machines which are used to separate the precious metal in order to be remelted for newer commemorative type coinage.

And now we come to it.

Would everyone who has hunted rolls (halves especially) please share their experiences with FED? I'm not asking for paragraphs or essays, jus whatever you can offer to contribute to this experience bank. Perhaps it will help reassure others as much as me. I am not asking for opinoins, though they ARE welcome, but rather personal dealings with FED CRH.

Let's get a poll thing going, eh?

Found silver? How much actual yield from your efforts?

P.s.- I know CRH is a tricky business, where extreme persistence and patience is required before any worthy results are managed..... But all the same let's hear it! Not all of us have the convenience of small town customer rolled coin, nor private armored services like brinks. Sigh....

Thanks so much in advance!

Great to see people interested in CRH but this is the wrong forum for this an admin will probably move it. :) welcome anyways.

Heh, I was posting my crh questions in what's the value? But somehow this forum seems more appropriate? I don't know, but please move the topic I'd necessary, thanks!!

well I did my first try at halves last week and bought $1000 from my bank. They had to order them and the supplier was brinks. They were fed rolled and I was skunked in my first box. The second box yielded 13 of the 40% and 1 from 64' which is a 90%. Take that info for what its worth... Silver is out there...

Heh, I was posting my crh questions in what's the value? But somehow this forum seems more appropriate? I don't know, but please move the topic I'd necessary, thanks!!

What's the value is more appropriate.

Thanks for the input ace!

I'm sorry Rudy, if you have to move the thread, please do!
I'm trying to follow the rules, and I thank you for your direction.

KT's box supplier is Loomis. They are definitely not sorting silver, and are not fed rolled. KT has recovered scarce Barbers, Walkers, and many more Franklins and 64 Kens. Usually on an annual basis more 40%ers than total 90%ers. His Majesty only hunts halves, 5 boxes/week. You will find my 2019 statistics that will be released with my yearly statistics in Jan of 2020 of considerable interest.

KT can say it is normal in 5 boxes to have about 3 that are silver duds, and rare to have silver, even 1, in all 5 boxes. KT has 7 years of CRH statistics, but realizes the Royal Statistics are of value only in Central Arkansas, the Royal Realm.

Best of luck to you!

Usually your coin doesn’t come from the “FED”eral Reserse (which is a private bank not run by the govt), but is handled and transported by local couriers such as Brinks, Loomis etc.
That means the coin is searched, dumped, re-rolled and delivered again locally. In this time “new” old silver is dumped into the mix, from collections, possible theft, and so on. In some areas, hunters may be searching the same coins over and over.

As far as rolling companies sorting silver?

It’s at least known that the company String&Son, manufacturer of coin rolling machines and wrappers, have been sorting and selling silver, copper and other old coins for years now, they have an eBay store.

Back
Top Bottom