5....that's FIVE wheats....

RichieSoprano

....in one fresh Loomis roll of repacked coins! Of course, no pics due to computer/cell phone illiteracy, but now I am curious...has anyone else had a "roll spill" like that? I mean, I know I was blessed when the teller handed me rolls of 40%ers that one time and in one fell swoop I had over 50 of them Kennedy's, but to just pull a slug of coins like 5 wheats in one fresh roll...what are the odds?

KT does not know since He only hunts halves, but suspects finding a roll with 10% wheats is pretty unusual from company rolls. Now if that were a roll made by an individual, it could be more probable, having a chance of those coins being saved by someone over a long time span. But ya never know!:D

Yep...my thought too. I just love the quirky nature of crhing and metal detecting. The oddest things pop up from a mess of wood chips or a curbstrip. Or that really silly looking foreign coin...and it turns out you just financed the grandkids college tuition. Hey, it could happen......

Rich my best haul was 58 solid rolls of copper wheats, and two rolls of steel wheats in one haul, those were hand rolled. Finding 5 wheats in a machine wrapped roll is not common. What happened was a wheat collection was dumped and your roll was part of that dump.

Back
Top Bottom