Minelab Sales

Brian

Elite Member
What does everyone think of the way the way the X-Terra has been put on the market ?
Many were upset that the 30 and 50 came out without the accessory coil to take advantage of the second frequency. It didn't take long to arrive but when it did new buyers could get the machine with both coils at a good discount as compared to those who had bought the machine when it came out and then had to buy the second coil seperately.
Now the new X-Terra 70 has arrived (three frequency) with no mention that it was coming, upsetting those who have just bought what they thought was the latest/best version.

Personally, I see the day comming where no matter what you buy, you're obsolete when you open the box. That's why I build my own computers now. I think they should have released the series as a whole, but maybe the 70 wasn't ready yet. Leave it to the marketing geniuses to sell, watch the bottom line, and tick off the customer base.

Was just told that the Whites Matrix M7 is due out soon....but the M6 has hardly hit the shops over here !

When were they supposed to release it?
White's has done the same with its Prizm series, releasing Prizm V last.
Also, X-Terra 70 costs significantly more than the 50 because of extra features, so those who have gotten a 50 did not spend more. As for not having the choice, well what would happen if every time a new version of some product came out, all the owners of the old version were pissed off? Progress would be stalled!
I think Minelab has done well by adding a new detector to their most successful series. If you would like a 70, but bought the 50, sell it on eBay, add some money and buy the 70.

I don't understand the people who disagree with Minelab's marketing technique. Could you provide some reasons?

I had my X-Terra 50 like 3 months ago. Never regretted it, it is a great machine ; fits me like a glove. I use it almost daily, was out today again for a few hours...

When & if in doubt : check my postings.

So, what is wrong with Minelab bringing out the X-Terra 70 ? How could THAT be a problem, isn't that what a detector firm is SUPPOSED to do : making new detectors ?

Maybe you want them to ask "potential" customers how they think & feel about that ????

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

I expect they keep bringing new machines out (which differ little from previous models), because they know people will go straight out and buy them. :roll:

I agree about technology being obsolete out of the box Gil. You have to make an informed decision and buy what you feel is best for you, and then BE HAPPY WITH IT! I have never felt the urge to have the latest and best gadgets and gizmos, just a good one that works for me. And on my budget, that's a good thing, lol!

I have the XTERRA 50. So far I have been happy with it. I plan to keep it and learn how best to use it and that's all I can do.

Nice to be rich. We pay about double the U.S. price and instead of five year or even lifetime warranties (Tesoro) get one or two years.
X.P. launched their new models a few weeks back so whats your few weeks old model worth....cost $1100 and you can now buy one brand new for $700. So $400 down the drain in days if either you want the best/latest or plain just don't get on with what you bought. Same with the Minelab 30 and 50. The 70 should tackle wet sand far better so is much more desirable.
Second hand prices were fairly stable, now there not, and do you buy your new machine this week or hang on a bit in the hope that an improved version appears ?

Brian said:
Nice to be rich. We pay about double the U.S. price and instead of five year or even lifetime warranties (Tesoro) get one or two years.
X.P. launched their new models a few weeks back so whats your few weeks old model worth....cost $1100 and you can now buy one brand new for $700. So $400 down the drain in days if either you want the best/latest or plain just don't get on with what you bought. Same with the Minelab 30 and 50. The 70 should tackle wet sand far better so is much more desirable.
Second hand prices were fairly stable, now there not, and do you buy your new machine this week or hang on a bit in the hope that an improved version appears ?

O, boy, life = HARD, Brian !

BOB VALDEZ

Brian said:
What does everyone think of the way the way the X-Terra has been put on the market ?.

I think it was GREAT!

Brian said:
Now the new X-Terra 70 has arrived (three frequency) with no mention that it was coming,

they shipped 30's and 50's in boxes marked 30, 50, 70, whilst there was not a formal announcement of the 70 anyone who reads these forums could have known it was coming soon since this fact (box markings) was posted several months ago on several forums.

Brian said:
upsetting those who have just bought what they thought was the latest/best version.

???? thought ??? here is the problem, thinking..... They did buy the latest/best version that was available on the day they bought it!

Did you buy one?

The problem is as old as the world.

Some people WANT it...

&

they want it ALL...

&

they want it NOW !!!

GREED, GREED & GREED. And never enough money. Of course not, since they keep on buying ! They keep on buying... EVERYTHING !

BOB VALDEZ

But there are people out there with old machines that wouldn't trade them for the world. I say if your machine works...use it.... If not.....do like me and try to figure it out. Trying to keep up with electronics technology is two things....1) Very expensive.....2) Impossible. If you know your machine and have good places to hunt then your as up to date as anyone.

guess i just wait and see if an explorer 3 hit the slves soon before i waste my money and become a cave man in the mding hobby with a ex2 :lol:

Brian said:
What does everyone think of the way the way the X-Terra has been put on the market ?
Many were upset that the 30 and 50 came out without the accessory coil to take advantage of the second frequency. It didn't take long to arrive but when it did new buyers could get the machine with both coils at a good discount as compared to those who had bought the machine when it came out and then had to buy the second coil seperately.
Now the new X-Terra 70 has arrived (three frequency) with no mention that it was coming, upsetting those who have just bought what they thought was the latest/best version.

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD CONTACT MINE LAB AND EXPLAIN YOUR SITUATION. ASK THEM FOR A DISCOUNT ON THE NEW COIL. IF THEY ARE A CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED BUSINESS THEY SHOULD TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU.

bugguy said:
guess i just wait and see if an explorer 3 hit the slves soon before i waste my money and become a cave man in the mding hobby with a ex2 :lol:

Hahahaha, bugguy !

BOB VALDEZ

We are in an age where the technology of detector upgrades is a lot slower than it was in the past. I can remember when you'd get a "new" or different model from one of the manufacturers every couple of months. The top of the line detector was most assuradly upgraded within a year to a year and a half. Now its 2 to 4 years. I agree to some point that Minelab is "saturating" the market to some degree. Whites in my opinion put the M6 out when they did because of Minelab's and Fisher's releases. So they all do it. Bounty Hunter (First Texas) was getting hammered for their products and their lack of quality. So they went so far as to put on the market their first real upgrade in many years. They chose the Teknetics name , I'm sure , so that they would make it seem that this detector was better than the Bounty Hunters.
I guess it remains to be seen what the rest of the year will hold. It is almost certain that Garrett and Tesoro will not be sitting still. Whites and Minelab are due. When is anyone's guess. Unless you're a field tester or have some sort of inside track , no one knows what will be out in the near future.

As some seem desperate to miss the point here we go again.
A few people were upset that they bought either the 30 or 50 and then the second coil when they could have waited a few weeks and bought the package at a discount.
Now if you buy the 70 do you wait in the hope the package will be cheaper ?
A few got upset as they were advised to purchase the Sovereign at the same time to cover the 30 and 50's weak spot....the wet sand. Having done that the recent advertising suggests that the 70 has much improved beach performance so there may be no need for a second machine.
Luckily I already have machines that outperform the X-Terras so have not got involved in all this.

Back
Top Bottom