Multi frequency question

ok now you guys are making sense to me ,i only hunt salt water beaches and i appreciate the stability of my cz21 in the wet sand but for dry sand and super black sand dry sand the multi freq detectors seem so much slower and less accurate than my single freq detector [at pro] ,my point being other than the ocean what are the advantages of multi freq

The "other" advantage -- at least if you are talking FBS/FBS2 (Explorer/E-Trac/CTX) is highly accurate target ID on very deep targets, better than you get from a single-frequency detector at similar depths....

Unless your soil is EXTREMELY mild, I know of no machine that IDs a deep target more accurately than FBS/FBS2, which means two things -- ONE, you will make better "dig" decisions on deep targets (since they won't ID as "iron" as they tend to on a single freq. unit), and TWO, you won't dig as much trash (for instance, no "bottlecap IDing as a quarter" on FBS).

The advantages are, in my book, HUGE.

I explained this in a bit more detail earlier in this thread (post #2).

Steve

It's interesting to read what folk find important or the main advantage of certain machines, i wish i had an ID chart for every coin i'm likely to find, but it's just not possible.
When i hit a new site and want to cherry pick, it's a choice of either low or high conductors lol
If there's modern trash I'll start off on low conductors, all the foil signals is where our small old silver and gold is, then the more modern milled coinage and larger hammered silver falls into the higher conductor range.

The "other" advantage -- at least if you are talking FBS/FBS2 (Explorer/E-Trac/CTX) is highly accurate target ID on very deep targets, better than you get from a single-frequency detector at similar depths....

Unless your soil is EXTREMELY mild, I know of no machine that IDs a deep target more accurately than FBS/FBS2, which means two things -- ONE, you will make better "dig" decisions on deep targets (since they won't ID as "iron" as they tend to on a single freq. unit), and TWO, you won't dig as much trash (for instance, no "bottlecap IDing as a quarter" on FBS).

The advantages are, in my book, HUGE.

I explained this in a bit more detail earlier in this thread (post #2).

Steve

It's interesting to read what folk find important or the main advantage of certain machines, i wish i had an ID chart for every coin i'm likely to find, but it's just not possible.
When i hit a new site and want to cherry pick, it's a choice of either low or high conductors lol
If there's modern trash I'll start off on low conductors, all the foil signals is where our small old silver and gold is, then the more modern milled coinage and larger hammered silver falls into the higher conductor range.

Yes, ghound; those of you "across the pond" have SO many more coins in the ground, SO much more variety of coin sizes and composition/metals...just SO much more history. I can totally see why someone in the UK or Ireland would not consider numerical ID to be a big deal. Here in the states though, as you know, in a park or schoolyard type of setting, it is absolutely INDESPENSIBLE to have accurate/deep ID. I know the FBS air test number of nearly every coin the U.S. has ever produced, and while those numbers will of course "vary" in the ground, especially on deep targets, or targets in tough soil, or targets co-located with trash, there are still clues -- even in those scenarios -- where "accurate" ID is invaluable. So while you can't restrict yourself to one single number or set of numbers to find U.S. "milled" coins, of course, you CAN glean very helpful info, as you gain experience, as long as your machine is "accurate" in terms of ID. An from this perspective, FBS and FBS2 are simply the best tools, for this job, for deep U.S. coin hunting...

Steve

Back
Top Bottom