net neutrality vote ?

Dial up speed again? not heard of this, thanks.

oj/bc seems we pay a fair amount to excess the net, go after the cable company.

This came up a few years ago and simmered down, but since Congress called up Google, Twitter and Facebook CEO's to testify recently...it's come up again. Google is a big problem as far as what they have been censoring through their search engine (90% searches use Google) and Youtube restrictions on certain topics, videos, subjects and creators. They've been found to have a heavy bias about certain things, and not by accident.

Prager U is suing Youtube (Google) after restricting most of their videos. Here's some info here:

Seems re Ebay that some sales not all nose dived after Google had a spat with Ebay or some thing of that nature...all I know sales have been slow for many vendors but some are doing good also.

The world was a better place before the internet. Now someone's self-worth is how many friends they have on the BookofFace or how many views they got on YouTube. :roll:

People used to have actual friendships/relationships, not virtual ones.

And it simply amazes me, the number of people who's entire world revolves around "being connected" via all this internet/bluetooth stuff. Yeah, I want a dozen appliances in my home that can spy on me.

Skynet is coming :yes::lol:

Agree Gauntlet.....this is a true story a young man years ago so involved in his cell phone banter,, never even heard a helicopter stall and land on top of him dead as a door nail.

Progress? I don't even like new cars with overkill electronics.

Dial up speed again? not heard of this, thanks.

oj/bc seems we pay a fair amount to excess the net, go after the cable company.

I remember those old slow dial up modems :laughing:

This came up a few years ago and simmered down, but since Congress called up Google, Twitter and Facebook CEO's to testify recently...it's come up again. Google is a big problem as far as what they have been censoring through their search engine (90% searches use Google) and Youtube restrictions on certain topics, videos, subjects and creators. They've been found to have a heavy bias about certain things, and not by accident.

Prager U is suing Youtube (Google) after restricting most of their videos. Here's some info here:

hopefully this time amounts to nothing and they keep the internet free

Seems re Ebay that some sales not all nose dived after Google had a spat with Ebay or some thing of that nature...all I know sales have been slow for many vendors but some are doing good also.

I have rarely bought from ebay in recent years, mostly from amazon now

The world was a better place before the internet. Now someone's self-worth is how many friends they have on the BookofFace or how many views they got on YouTube. :roll:

People used to have actual friendships/relationships, not virtual ones.

And it simply amazes me, the number of people who's entire world revolves around "being connected" via all this internet/bluetooth stuff. Yeah, I want a dozen appliances in my home that can spy on me.

Skynet is coming :yes::lol:

I wish I had more actual "in person" friendships, but living in a small town it's not easy to find others with the same interests, especially metal detecting :laughing:

Agree Gauntlet.....this is a true story a young man years ago so involved in his cell phone banter,, never even heard a helicopter stall and land on top of him dead as a door nail.

Progress? I don't even like new cars with overkill electronics.

That is sad, I was amazed recently when a caller from a business first asked if I was driving because they preferred not to be a distraction if I was.

Back
Top Bottom