Took the New NOX800 for a silver swim for the first time

gtodude

So yesterday I took the NOX for its maiden voyage into the drink. The water was murky and looked like coffee, definitely not the typical water color and clarity we see down here. The red tide is offshore but I’m sure this is the remaining effects. She did very well everywhere I took her, the dry, the wet and in the water. I ran Beach2 most of the time and had zero Issues. I’m really liking this thing.

Anyhow, I found a bunch of deep clad, a marijuana belly button ring and a little sterling silver ring. As said in my thread about hunting the old homesite, this machine is very impressive. Most of the targets were dug about chest deeep in the water with a few find coming from the wet and dry sand as well. Many of the targets in the water were very deep, if I were to estimate, I would say they were all well over 8 inches or deeper. It was a lot of digging, that’s for sure. I also stopped by an old vacant lot that I have had permission to hunt for years and ended up finding 3 more Wheaties but not a single silver coin. Enjoy!

Happy Hunting!!

Attachments

• CF33DB7F-CACD-4988-8471-388C35CE8914.jpg
    CF33DB7F-CACD-4988-8471-388C35CE8914.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 383
  • 901DC7F3-56D1-40E8-87BA-8D3F1ACF31FC.jpg
    901DC7F3-56D1-40E8-87BA-8D3F1ACF31FC.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 352
Spent a week down in your area about 3 years ago. Winds were out of the WNW so the surf was far too rough to get in the water.

Had a gentleman approach me and tell me that a lady had lost her ring. I went to where there was a few people gathered and found out that she had lost an ear ring. I asked her what type of metal it was made from. She said it is silver and I lost it right here.

I almost had to move people out of the way to be able to detect. Hit a target and scooped a penny. I Took it out of the scoop and a guy grabbed it and put it in his pocket. Greedy Yankee.

I thoroughly covered the area where she was certain that she had lost the ear ring and then expanded my search area.

About 5-8 feet from where she was certain she had lost it I found the ear ring.

She said a half hearted thanks and turned and walked away.

I did find one badly encrusted sterling silver ring and some clad that week.

So far it hasn’t been a difficult transition to the NOX at all. I’m loving it!!

It's one of the few products i've ever purchased that had so much hype from the market and didn't disappoint in the least.

I love my lil NOX, it’s lightweight, not too terribly complicated, versatile and a coin magnet. I haven’t swung it more than 20 hours yet and I’m looking forward to the hundreds more! In fact as I type this, I’m stuck in Ny trying to get back home to FL to do some more digging. Hopefully the aviation Gods will help me in my quest to get home and the detecting gods will shine gold and silver in my scoop this weekend! Til then, here I sit reading everyone else’s posts while drooling incessantly in envy.

I love my lil NOX, it’s lightweight, not too terribly complicated, versatile and a coin magnet. I haven’t swung it more than 20 hours yet and I’m looking forward to the hundreds more! In fact as I type this, I’m stuck in Ny trying to get back home to FL to do some more digging. Hopefully the aviation Gods will help me in my quest to get home and the detecting gods will shine gold and silver in my scoop this weekend! Til then, here I sit reading everyone else’s posts while drooling incessantly in envy.

I sure know how you feel about the Nox. Haven’t had it submerged yet so I feel like dunkin it in the bath too see if it floats. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom