My new Coin Elite pouch set-up is finally together!

Stevo

Forum Supporter
Hey all. I finally got my new Coin Elite pouch today, and matched it up with my other new goodies; a White's DigMaster, Bomb sheath, and Fire Force 2" web belt. The Fire Force is twice the belt that came with the pouch. The pouch is really nice, but I'm highly tempted to cut the PP cuffs off the sides, as they serve no purpose for me, and it will further reduce bulk. The White's digger works great! I love the handle, but I don't love the extra 1/4# of weight over the Lesche. Last but not least is the great Bomb "Digger Only" sheath. This thing is awesome! Thanks again, Buzz. I'm proud to own it. This whole set-up should last for years. Teamed up with my new Sampson digger, I think I'm all set for this weekend. Thanks for looking. GL&HH

http://www.amazon.com/Coin-Elite-Me...D=5K3JQZRKBTXPZEVXX1PH&ref_=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_7

Attachments

• IMG_20160513_151142.jpg
    IMG_20160513_151142.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,619
Last edited:
Like chopping a motorcycle of unneeded parts, the cuffs are off the pouch. I'm also thinking about some Velcro holders for the top of the pouch to keep it closed and more low profile. It also shaved 2 1/4 oz. of weight off. Every little bit helps to keep my shorts from falling down.

Attachments

• IMG_20160513_235403.jpg
    IMG_20160513_235403.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,214
Awesome setup. I just ordered one for a lighter setup than I run now with the relic elite. Thanks for the write-up and pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I think its a good looking and utile setup. If I need a bigger one for more involved hunts, I have the Relic Elite.

Attachments

• IMG_20160515_011727.jpg
    IMG_20160515_011727.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,081
We were discussing making them hanging pouches on ChrisMD's thread. These pouches are a little too high up on the belt. Installing a hanging type of belt loop would drop it below the belt and perform better, and hang below whatever shirt or jacket you are wearing. I'm still brainstorming, but will keep you updated. Also, why two PP cuffs? Who uses two at the same time?

The lightbulb went on. Does this make sense? I'm thinking about using the belt that came with the pouch to make some belt loops. You could use 2 or 3. The pouch, in this configuration, would sit about 4 to 4 1/2" lower. I know a guy that does car interiors. He could sew it lickety-split. This is my highly technical mock-up. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_232619.jpg
    IMG_20160516_232619.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,122
Last edited:
We were discussing making them hanging pouches on ChrisMD's thread. These pouches are a little too high up on the belt. Installing a hanging type of belt loop would drop it below the belt and perform better, and hang below whatever shirt or jacket you are wearing. I'm still brainstorming, but will keep you updated. Also, why two PP cuffs? Who uses two at the same time?

The lightbulb went on. Does this make sense? I'm thinking about using the belt that came with the pouch to make some belt loops. You could use 2 or 3. The pouch, in this configuration, would sit about 4 to 4 1/2" lower. I know a guy that does car interiors. He could sew it lickety-split. This is my highly technical mock-up. Any thoughts?

I did that exact thing with one of the standard Garrett pouches. I removed the belt and made three loops which I sewed to the pouch. Now it hangs nicely on my army surplus (LC-2) belt, or any other belt.

Suggestion: you may want to make some belt loops out of another piece of nylon strap, sew them on, and make sure it's what you want, then if not, you haven't destroyed your new "elite" pouch. If all is ok, then remove the original belt. I use a hot knife to cut the nylon strap material, but be careful not to hit the pouch.

IMG_7615.jpg Belt4.JPG
Good Luck
:grin:

I did that exact thing with one of the standard Garrett pouches. I removed the belt and made three loops which I sewed to the pouch. Now it hangs nicely on my army surplus (LC-2) belt, or any other belt.

Suggestion: you may want to make some belt loops out of another piece of nylon strap, sew them on, and make sure it's what you want, then if not, you haven't destroyed your new "elite" pouch. If all is ok, then remove the original belt. I use a hot knife to cut the nylon strap material, but be careful not to hit the pouch.

Great minds think alike, I guess. I think it might work.

Great minds think alike, I guess. I think it might work.

It will work, that's no problem, if you've got someone to sew it for you. I was able to do my own. If you are sure that it will work, you might want to have your friend that sews, to completely remove the original belt and save it. Then you may want to add some loops to your bag, and use the original belt to hang it on. Just depends on your final plan. An army surplus belt works awfully good, and it's real stout, so you won't get any deformation or bunching, like with the light weight nylon belts. Just a thought. Check around on ebay...got mine for < $10 (LC-2 Pistol Belt)

It will work, that's no problem, if you've got someone to sew it for you. I was able to do my own. If you are sure that it will work, you might want to have your friend that sews, to completely remove the original belt and save it. Then you may want to add some loops to your bag, and use the original belt to hang it on. Just depends on your final plan. An army surplus belt works awfully good, and it's real stout, so you won't get any deformation or bunching, like with the light weight nylon belts. Just a thought. Check around on ebay...got mine for < $10 (LC-2 Pistol Belt)

My new belt is separate from the pouch. Just a big belt loop on the back. It seems like there is enough room to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_20160517_162047.jpg
    IMG_20160517_162047.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,093
My new belt is separate from the pouch. Just a big belt loop on the back. It seems like there is enough room to work with.

Ok, gotcha! You just need to add two or three loops to the top edge. Shouldn't be a problem..........

Again, I would try to find another piece of nylon strap, to use for the loops, so as not to destroy your original belt. I bet you could find another old shoulder strap, or something, around the house to use. Duffle bags, and other similar items often come with shoulder straps (usually black), that are often tossed aside, or thrown away.

Good Luck.......:grin:

I'm using the black web belt that came with the pouch for loop material. Its half as thick as the Fire Force belt in the pics. It should work fine.

Last edited:
Oh, that is not the original belt that came with the pouch ? Yes, use the black one for the loops..........:grin:

Yep. I took your advice, and bought a much tougher belt. I guess I pirated your idea. It was your pouch that made me think of it the hanging loops. I didn't realize you had modded it, like I am. You did a nice job! I think three 2" loops will work great, and I'll have a couple strips of Velcro sewn in to keep the top closed, if needed. Its been chopped, and now its getting dropped.:cool:

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Force-Mi...D=N5TRAX9362KSWPD72G3X&ref_=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_3

Last edited:
Well, here it is. I think it came out pretty good. Now I'm going out and using it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160518_135428.jpg
    IMG_20160518_135428.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,047
Back
Top Bottom