* Look what turned up *

meggie

Elite Member
About 7 or 8 years ago I remember losing my broken loupe at the beach whilst hunting.
Well today I was back on the same beach and I'm 100% sure that I've found it .. I'm convinced it's the one!

So if it's classed as a Lost, Found & Return .. I am officially thanking myself :kingdances:

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 702
I am amazed how long items can lay in the sand before we find them. Your Loupe was just waiting for you to come rescue it.

I found a heavy yellow ring last week. When I put my detector etc in the car I could not find the ring. So next day I went back and tried to find it again. No luck. Saturday morning I headed back to the beach. Parked the car within 5 feet of where I had parked the day I lost the ring. Took the detector out of the car and swung it one time and had a target. Started to leave it as it was just beside the street in the leaves but then decided to take my foot and move the leaves and the target moved. Took my fingers and moved the leaves and there was the heavy (12.5 grams) yellow ring. I did not have my loupe the day I found and lost the ring but Saturday I came prepared and the ring had a bunch of engraving that was in some kind of language I did not recognize. engraved inside and out. Some research revealed that it was a "Lord of the Rings" piece of junk. No markings but I am relatively sure it is tungsten carbide. at least finding it again eased the pain that I was enduring from losing what I thought was GOLD.

Just goes to show; where ever you go, there you are! :D

R5

I found a heavy yellow ring last week. When I put my detector etc in the car I could not find the ring. So next day I went back and tried to find it again. No luck. Saturday morning I headed back to the beach. Parked the car within 5 feet of where I had parked the day I lost the ring. Took the detector out of the car and swung it one time and had a target. Started to leave it as it was just beside the street in the leaves but then decided to take my foot and move the leaves and the target moved. Took my fingers and moved the leaves and there was the heavy (12.5 grams) yellow ring. I did not have my loupe the day I found and lost the ring but Saturday I came prepared and the ring had a bunch of engraving that was in some kind of language I did not recognize. engraved inside and out. Some research revealed that it was a "Lord of the Rings" piece of junk. No markings but I am relatively sure it is tungsten carbide. at least finding it again eased the pain that I was enduring from losing what I thought was GOLD.

Well, that's just great and a pisser all in the same moment!

R5

Back
Top Bottom