My own front yard!

Great finds! I gotta agree,it's surprising, and also fun to find things in a spot that you have previously detected in your own yard.

Great finds! I gotta agree,it's surprising, and also fun to find things in a spot that you have previously detected in your own yard.
There is a huge spruce tree in my yard and these two coins were just a couple of feet from the edge of the bottom of the tree. On the other side of the tree, I found an 1883 seated dime, a 1909 and 1919 wheat penny last year with my Tesoro. So I have spent a lot of time circling that tree with the detector thinking there had to be more to find. I also found a war nickel by the sidewalk which is maybe 30' away from where these coins were, so I was pretty surprised when these latest two popped up! Fortunately, I swing in the yard anytime I want, even if I only have a few minutes. ;)
Shawn

What's the history of your area, must be interesting?

The town I live in was founded in 1878 when the railroad came through. There were people from 3 small communities that were within a few miles of the railroad that got together and built the new town along side the tracks so that they would have access to the train. Those 3 communities are no longer in existence although there is still an active, now rural church where one of the towns used to be. My house in particular was built in 1930. I haven't found the records yet, but I believe at one time, the house belonged to a semi prominent playwright name Jay Tobias. I don't know if he built the house or whether he moved in at a later date, although the time frame is about right for him to have been there when it was new.

Back
Top Bottom