Gloves - latex coated or polyurethane coated??

Ohio Digger

Elite Member
Harbor Freight sells both. Both are very inexpensive. I've used the latex coated ones (yellow coating, gray glove) but they pretty quickly wore out on the fingertips. Has anyone used the black gloves with the black polyurethane coating? How did they hold up? Obviously at less than $2 for either I don't expect them to last an entire season but was wondering which would be more durable. I may just pick up some polyurethane ones and see how they do. I'll be out $1.49.

I like the low-end MechanixWear gloves. At about $12.00, the are not disposable, but will last much, much longer. They provide more than sufficient dexterioty for coin fondling.

I buy the Western Safety Mechanics gloves when they are on sale at Harbor Freight. I have used a pair all this year with no signs of wear. I have given several pairs to some of those I hunt with. I have dug enough glass, nails, and other sharp objects in the past thirty years that I'll never hunt without gloves.
Gloves.jpg

I wear a pair of Firm Grip work gloves from Home Depot - less than $20, they'll last me the whole season, and provide protection from sharp rocks, glass and trash and keep the worst of the dirt off of my hands. I don't detect without gloves - too much sharp, rusty metal and broken glass in the ground. I've even dug up razor blades.

Either as long as they're comfortable. BUT WEAR SOME! I have shed enough blood from punctured, slashed or cut fingers. Can slaw will do a number on you.
And get a tetanus shot for safety sake.

I buy the Western Safety Mechanics gloves when they are on sale at Harbor Freight. I have used a pair all this year with no signs of wear. I have given several pairs to some of those I hunt with. I have dug enough glass, nails, and other sharp objects in the past thirty years that I'll never hunt without gloves.
View attachment 245835

I use these as well. Always can get a coupon in one of my magazines to pick them up for around $3.50. They are comfortable and breath nice in the summer.

One reason why I always wear gloves………from today……………..Doug

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom