Vaquero and Cibola fequency shift

detectingMO

Forum Supporter
Discovered something that may well already be known.

Ground Balance on Frequency 2 (if you Cibola is modded to do so). So in all metal you are perfectly balanced. A switch to Frequency 1 will make it slightly negative GB and switching to frequency 3 will make it slightly positive GB.

Where this really comes in handy is you can GB on Frequency 2 in all metal, then switch to frequency 1 (slight neg GB in all metal) when using disc since disc has a slight positive GB. Thus you essentially are "power balance" with just a switch flip. Go back to all metal and just flip to frequency 2 to go back to neutral all metal GB.

Audio is horrible but this video explains (on a modded Cibola)

Discovered something that may well already be known.

Ground Balance on Frequency 2 (if you Cibola is modded to do so). So in all metal you are perfectly balanced. A switch to Frequency 1 will make it slightly negative GB and switching to frequency 3 will make it slightly positive GB.

Where this really comes in handy is you can GB on Frequency 2 in all metal, then switch to frequency 1 (slight neg GB in all metal) when using disc since disc has a slight positive GB. Thus you essentially are "power balance" with just a switch flip. Go back to all metal and just flip to frequency 2 to go back to neutral all metal GB.

Audio is horrible but this video explains (on a modded Cibola)

Yeah-read about and posted about it several times. Just have heard no replies from anyone who's tried it. Would love to hear from anyone who has.

Yawn..

No mods are needed. Anyone can supertune a stock Cibola.
Supertuning and switching between 14.3kHz, 14.5kHz, or 14.7Khz, can sometimes make a difference in different soil conditions (1/2"-1"depth), and you get used to what works best in your conditions pretty quick.

If you want a "modded" Cibola, just buy a Vaquero. :cool:

Supertuning and switching between 14.3kHz, 14.5kHz, or 14.7Khz, can sometimes make a difference in different soil conditions (1/2"-1"depth), and you get used to what works best in your conditions pretty quick.

Well, if I wanna save a $100 and just wanna little more depth than my Silver umax just in case I ever run into a worthwhile place and at the same time find out if the "hot technology" is anything significant over the "same ole' Tesoros", it's worth more than a yawn to me.:p

I havent modded mine yet but did balance with the pot since it was WAY positive for my soil. Frq shift is as advertised. Hits quarter and nickel at 11" in my test garden. All metal even a little deeper. Supertuned in disc of course. About an inch deeper than my f2 with sef. On coins anyway. Way deeper on relics which is why I got one, other than for modding fun. Will use f2 for most coin shooting and ciquero in the fields. More importantly my dad can parricipate now. :)

I havent modded mine yet but did balance with the pot since it was WAY positive for my soil. Frq shift is as advertised. Hits quarter and nickel at 11" in my test garden. All metal even a little deeper. Supertuned in disc of course. About an inch deeper than my f2 with sef. On coins anyway. Way deeper on relics which is why I got one, other than for modding fun. Will use f2 for most coin shooting and ciquero in the fields. More importantly my dad can parricipate now. :)
Wow. That's not that much deeper.:?:

Please explain the ground type uses for the different frequencies...

My Cibola just came in today. i get the supertune part, no problem. But which frequencies work best for which ground types? ie which works better for, say, hard, dense AZ dirt, as opposed to loamy east coast forest dirt, etc?

My Cibola just came in today. i get the supertune part, no problem. But which frequencies work best for which ground types? ie which works better for, say, hard, dense AZ dirt, as opposed to loamy east coast forest dirt, etc?

The frequency that gives you the most negative GB without the detector becoming unstable and noisy will give you the most depth. Check it out on buried test coins.

beephead

Daaaannng, beephead! you got enough Tesoros yet, or what? i guess its like baseball cards....gotta collect em all.

As such, I guess you'll be my new subject matter expert for all Tesoro-related questions ;) First time I've ever used any MD with an approximate 90:10 treasure to trash ration, so I'm sure there will be questions...

Daaaannng, beephead! you got enough Tesoros yet, or what? i guess its like baseball cards....gotta collect em all.

I've thinned my detector arsenal down some. I like using other brands of detectors, but I love my Tesoro detectors. They're so lovable and work so well that it's hard to part with one.

beephead

I've thinned my detector arsenal down some. I like using other brands of detectors, but I love my Tesoro detectors. They're so lovable and work so well that it's hard to part with one.

beephead

Do they ever! I used to get so frustrated with my BH (yeah yeah i know i got what i paid for). It had lots of bs bells and whistles and displayed this and that, a a sound for every different thing. But it never seemed to actually deliver what was promised on the screen, nor at the depth it said it was at. And 9 times out of 10 it was trash, or iron. Now it seems like its the exact opposite. And that one beep can DEF tell you more about whats down there than all the other garbage combined. So far, I can call most of what is down there, and [so far] it hasnt usually been trash or iron.

And when that garrett carrot comes on Thursday, its gonna be game on:digginahole:

Back
Top Bottom