• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Relic Rescue hunt from this past weekend.

VaMark

Elite Member
This was a paid group hunt on a horse farm in Culpeper County VA.
I had a great time found some neat stuff and got to dig in a fire pit or 2 and found some porcelain underwear buttons, a sardine can lid, a really nice gun tool which my relic book said was british design issued with Enfields, some of the little nails that are in great shape, and parts of a pocket watch.
A few of the bullets were the star based Washington arsenal type.

There were a total of 6 plates and some awesome buttons found by other hunters.

HH

Attachments

• 5-5-13guntool.jpg
    5-5-13guntool.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 479
  • 5-5-13sardinelid.jpg
    5-5-13sardinelid.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 447
  • 5-5-13bullets.jpg
    5-5-13bullets.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 437
  • 5-5-13buttons.jpg
    5-5-13buttons.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 435
  • 5-5-13stuff.jpg
    5-5-13stuff.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 443
Great hunt VaMark,....The gun tool you found,....have any idea what exactly it was for, ie removing breechplug,etc?

Great hunt VaMark,....The gun tool you found,....have any idea what exactly it was for, ie removing breechplug,etc?

It has a nipple wrench in the end off it not sure what else it was used for. I couldn't believe how good of shape it's in, other than rinsing with water that is how it came out of the fire pit it was in.

Awesome find for sure,hard to believe it came out of the ground in that good of condition,...WOW.:D

Awesome, incredible finds........I like coins, but I'll take interesting old relics any day. Love the new WAR RELIC forum.:grin:

Very nice! You always do well on bullets. I couldn't get off work for this hunt, but maybe next time. I have to say though - that is the single nicest example of a gun tool I have ever seen dug. Awesome find in that condition. Must have been deep? Huge congrats!

Very nice! You always do well on bullets. I couldn't get off work for this hunt, but maybe next time. I have to say though - that is the single nicest example of a gun tool I have ever seen dug. Awesome find in that condition. Must have been deep? Huge congrats!

Hey Tony, I wondered where you were at, sorry you couldn't make it.
The gun tool was only about 5" deep. I was clearing nails out of a shallow fire pit hoping to find a button and out popped this thing, it was in such good shape I thought there no way it can be CW, Relic Bob said it was likely in that condition because it was in the fire. I did find a button in that pit along with about 25 little square nails.

That is a nice gun tool bud! I've only seen really rusted ones after they mistakenly get tossed in the junk box. Awesome finds!

Back
Top Bottom