Saturday hunt - First Confederate button for 2013 and buckle hooks

The Wolf

Elite Member
It's been a while since I got out and found anything worthy of posting. We were planning on kicking off diving season yesterday, but it's still a bit cold, and with the wind at 20mph, it would have been miserable on the boat in wet suits. So we stuck to the land for the day.

Tried one spot where I made a video a few months back, but the signals are getting scarce and only found one shot Sharps and a musket ball.

Tried another spot that's a CSA camp that is in the process of being cleared and leveled. But only found a 1996 Chucky Cheese token. :grin:

The third and last spot of the day is always hit and miss. Sometimes its good and sometimes you get skunked. The first signal was reading in the low 30's on the F75 and at only about 2" down, suggested the usual shotgun shell/ headstamp signs. I decided that I was going to dig every signal because we have found some killer relics here in the past. So I dug it. BAM! A complete set of arrow hooks from a CW buckle. Most likely a US, but I guess it could be from something else too.

The I dug a shot 3-ringer along with a ton of trash and a few pieces that need and ID. And then my buddy was ready to go, so we decided to detect back to the truck. Then I hit a solid 65 on the vdi which was reading 8-10" down. I dug very carefully, pinpointed the target, and pulled out the last scoop of dirt. Then I saw the green "roundness" :lol:.....I couldn't tell what it was, but I knew it was a button, and knew it was damaged on the front. I cleaned it up back at the truck and there it was. A Confederate script I Infantry button!!!!:shock::wow:

That makes my 4th CSA button, and the 1st for the year. Even though it's damaged I think it's awesome and it's going to display well right alongside the others. Thanks for looking. HH!

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG