minnesota advice

parakeet

I will be going to New Ulm Minnesota this weekend to a park that us to be a prisoner of war camp in the 1900's? (flandrau state park). I was wondering if anyone has ever hunted there otr anywhere near there? What is everyone's best advice as to where to dig?

Any Minnesota chaps have any additional advice for me here in MN. I have a wWhite's XLT E series (love it).

Thank you all!!

Gonna try anyway

It is so wooded that the chances of me getting caught as slim to none. I will let you know if anything comes of it.

It is so wooded that the chances of me getting caught as slim to none. I will let you know if anything comes of it.

I'd advise against it. The rules in some areas state that you cannot dig, which kind of prohibits metal detecting also. (Unless you can get away with coin popping.) But the rules for your state parks explicitly state NO METAL DETECTING. There's really no gray area in that rule. If you are caught, you may just get a warning. On the other hand, you may be fined, have your equipment confiscated and/or be arrested. Find somewhere else to hunt. It's just not worth it.

I agree

I agree with hobbes. The risk wouldn't be worth it to me. If it was, I would have already been there, since New Ulm is only about an hour from my house.

Plus, being a holiday weekend, I wonder if it will be patrolled a little more.

Back
Top Bottom