Estate sales

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
If you see an estate sale going on, try stopping and browsing till you find the owner. Then ask him when he has to be out of the house and can you detect then. Frequently, he will have to be out and the new owners take over a couple days later, wityh him still owning the house but gone. I have done this and it produces. steve in so az

This method has worked several times for me also. I've received several permissions from property owners at Estate sales. Many of which have produced great finds. I look in the local newspaper every weekend for them. Alot of good stuff at Estate sales also. Alot of old timers saved alot of books and information that could give you alot of good tips as to where things USED to be in your area. My personal library of local history has grown tremendously because of Estate sales.

BFM - One house I goit permission to do after the estate sale I went in and swept the front yard one way. Dug a lot of coins and a bunch of goodies. The dirt looked original so I swept it again at the opposite direction and dug about 12 more coins. And then I thought "what the hey - I'l ltry it again on a diagonal". I did and got several more coins and they were old !! And people wonder if they got it all, Steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom