Equinox Headphones And 6" Coil

treasure_hunter1

Forum Supporter
FYI, heard the waterproof headphones and 6" coil for the Equinox will be shipping to Minelab this month and Minelab will then ship them out to the dealers.

Want

The 15 coil , that is what i need, the 6 just like the CTX3030 is the last to get, after market headphones are out now, or better said private parties making them, basically not getting both the 6 and headphones now. thanks anyway for the news, Earl

The 15 coil , that is what i need, the 6 just like the CTX3030 is the last to get, after market headphones are out now, or better said private parties making them, basically not getting both the 6 and headphones now. thanks anyway for the news, Earl

Why would you want a bigger coil? Large coils tend to miss smaller gold objects and in your case small diamond rings that you would be searching for in the wet...

Why would you want a bigger coil? Large coils tend to miss smaller gold objects and in your case small diamond rings that you would be searching for in the wet...

Its gonna be the same as the CTX coil which is the size of a hockey puck. May work good at your beaches? Used the ctx one beach hunting and don't think it ever paid for the shipping cost of the coil:laughing:

Its gonna be the same as the CTX coil which is the size of a hockey puck. May work good at your beaches? Used the ctx one beach hunting and don't think it ever paid for the shipping cost of the coil:laughing:

Larry.. Earl wants a 15 inch coil... large coils are not very sensitive to small gold like studs or small gold rings...

Craig

Just like the 17 with the CTX3030 at the beach, deep laden gold is mine with the Equinox and 15, probably won't get the 6 , or the headphone yellow koss crapper, For the water i will be using the Excalibur 800 , Harolds headphones for the CTX, Tony's headphones for the Equinox, and OBN's skullies for the Excalibur and CTX , i have twin CTX3030 - 17 coils, all i need now is the 15 coil for the Equinox. Sure Craig you can swing the 12 at the beach, but for coverage , and depth , I will see what the 15 coil will bring, the 17 on the CTX does fine on small target's, the test will be on the stud's diamond earing's, you should know by now Craig this season i am finally living my dream at the beach, and i will have all the tools for the job, might even have a new secret OBN style weapon, a 1801 Parker, happy stink mud hunting, if you want to experience the non stink let me know :lol:, Earl PS when you get your Equinox 800 and 15 coil, borrow a CTX 3030 and a 17, we will all see what happen's, all you can do is guess wright now even me, rest assured , i will find out what the 15 can do. In 10 day's no dogs on the beach, so i will be doing 4 hour hunt's , most likely 2 shift's. Night and day. Starting as early as May, depends on the depositors , 50s ,60s the rest of this month here , probably 40s , 50s for you. Happy hunting, Earl PS - Aquaman , never , just like now- know -one -else, includes waterproof headphones with the package, you gotta pay for everything, they should have used the CTX connectors on the Equinox , but decided to go with the pin and wire out the back :roll:, the sad thing is they will loose money as they are to slow getting the accessories out, guy's are making better headphones already, there gain, ML loss, now i will say i like the ML land wireless headphones , the 1st pair i like from ML . the 800 comes with the module and land wireless, the 600 comes with a cheap pair of land wired- phones, that has caused complaint's already, what you get with the package-the 800 is the better DEAL.

Last edited:
Yes

I know Craig, but for me , there are sacrifices that one makes, different coil sizes for different folks, if you don't think i will be experimenting with different coils at the beach your wrong to think so, besides i have the DF, 12 with 6 in the middle, picks up everything, your jumping off the cliff here , and certainly i won't be swinging the hockey puck at the beach, Itsaring will clue you in on how the CTX3030 with the 17 coil does at the beach, the 15 is 2 inches less, i will test it on small gold, did you get your 800 yet ? your sweating bullets bro., the 15 coil won't be out for a while, the 6 and yellow koss i herd was a week or 2 out now. Relax, happy hunting, Earl PS I read your thread, noted , thanks, in the water i will be using the Excalibur 8 inch, and shallow water the 12 on the Equinox, with the SunSpot sugarsand scoop , the 15 was dry sand, and some wet, anyway thanks, i will keep this in mind.

Last edited:
Larry.. Earl wants a 15 inch coil... large coils are not very sensitive to small gold like studs or small gold rings...

Can't speak for the Equinox coils yet. But the CTX 17" coil seems to pick up just as small items as the stock coil. At the beach I'm guessing instead of the Nox youd be better off using a PI since a lot of the smalls drop into the iron range. In fact deep good bigger targets even drop into the iron range. Earl I'd still learn your two CTX's. If you need an accurate screen number the Equinox really isn't it. Got the worst VDI of any screen detector I ever used. And ive used a bunch:shock:

only thing the 6" is good for is high trash parks and gold fields. You'd be challenged to try to get much at a beach unless you are in heavy erosion and in the rocks/bottom layers.

My CTX with the 17" goes DEEP and it finds very small items.. Now on the other hand, last week I was hunting with the NOX 800 and the stock coil. I found the SMALLEST silver EVER! And it was 4 straight down, full scoop digs with a 920ix in the wet sand. I was amazed and not much amazes me! Im impatiently waiting for the 800's 15" coil. I'll be all over that. That and a more sturdy shaft.. Stocker is junk.

Im going watch that 15" and see how it reacts to salt water before i lay out the cash. This is one sensitive machine... it can be hard to run a little hot in the salt water as it is. So..... how they going to combat that on a large coil? We all know we have to turn down any large coil to use it properly in the salt water which basiclly reduces it to COVERAGE vs sensitivity over the standard as well as the ability to move that baby. BUT the machine is a lot more stable in the wet and dry...... may not get the tiny stuff in the wet..... but will it get the bigger stuff in the wet without being affected by the black sand pockets? Small ... standard... large all have trade offs that might serve you differently depending on location and target choice of the day. BUT would i make that my everyday coil..... i think not. Im going to let someone else be the Ginny pig first.... go get um Earl.

Aqua..... where did you see the 600 have waterproof phones? I thought they were just land phones....."Wired headphones that connect to any standard 3.5mm / 1/8-inch jack". Have they started using the YELLOWS on the 600?

I just spent about 6 hrs at a beach that most MD'er's don't hit. Used the 800 and OMG, I don't think I've EVER dug so many bottle caps and aluminum. The biggest issue I have so far with this machine is that you simply CAN NOT ignore those 1 & 2 signals. Sadly, in dry sand where the beach is littered, you might as well have a PI machine. NON-STOP 1 - 2 tones.. Tiny little pieces of foil trash. Candy rappers, etc... Then the 13-22's.. Bottle caps.. JEEZZZ... At least with my CTX the ID's were more accurate. You know when you've got a bottle cap and you simply don't dig foil...... Then again the CTX never got me a thin gold chain and apparently this 800 just might.... :no:

only thing the 6" is good for is high trash parks and gold fields. You'd be challenged to try to get much at a beach unless you are in heavy erosion and in the rocks/bottom layers.

My CTX with the 17" goes DEEP and it finds very small items.. Now on the other hand, last week I was hunting with the NOX 800 and the stock coil. I found the SMALLEST silver EVER! And it was 4 straight down, full scoop digs with a 920ix in the wet sand. I was amazed and not much amazes me! Im impatiently waiting for the 800's 15" coil. I'll be all over that. That and a more sturdy shaft.. Stocker is junk.

It will actually be good for some of my areas that are weed infested. I will be able to poke this thing in and around them a lot better than the 11" coil.

I wish they were making an 8" though. I am good with one of them in the weeds.

Maybe it's just me but pinpointing with the Equinox 11" coil has been a little more challenging than with my other detectors. It's no big deal in the dry or wet sand but more so in the water, especially if the water has poor visibility.
Using a 6" coil with an 8" scoop should make target recovery a breeze even in the most difficult conditions. I just wonder how much depth I'll have to give up with the smaller coil? :?:

Aqua..... where did you see the 600 have waterproof phones? I thought they were just land phones....."Wired headphones that connect to any standard 3.5mm / 1/8-inch jack". Have they started using the YELLOWS on the 600?

I just assumed since the 600 & 800 were both advertised as waterproof machines that a pair of water HP's would have been included...you know, like the Excal or DF? Am I wrong in thinking this? This is why I'm hesitant to buy one since Minelab seems to have released this detector w/o the owner being able to use it as advertised right out of the box. False advertising comes to mind. I hunt "in" the water, period. Having to buy a second pair of HP's to just be able to use it is like buying a car with 3 wheels or a bike w/o peddals.

Aquaman

This is a all around machine, land, gold fields, beach, at a reasonable price, sure the more expensive machines come hardwired for water, but they are not land, gold field machines, the best bang for the buck is the 800, with a module , and nice wireless phone's, now for the Joe that can't afford much the 600 is nice, however it comes with a cheap set of wired headphone's, from what guy's with a 600 are saying , so they are stuck buying a module to use wired, or buying Ml's wireless- when they come out :roll: -or buying other wireless headphones- my other gripe is, the connection cost me more money because i can't use waterproof ctx connecting custom headphones with it, i will have Custom made waterproof headphones before -ML- gets its version out , personally i would buy another 800 before ever considering a 600, for a few hundred more, more settings , and if your a gold nugget hunter the 800 is what you want, so far for the buck Aquaman, for what you get with the package , the 800 is the best bang for the buck, it's very light, a break from both the wired Excalibur, Df , and heavy in long hunt's the- CTX3030 machines, just another- tool to add to the arsenal , that's doing what ML claims it would do, happy hunting. Ps you can hunt in the water with the Equinox wireless, however , i herd once the head of the machine is submerged you loose audio .

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking this detector (for my style of hunting) is just a "no go". That large LCD display sticking out of the handle is just waiting for me to bang it up against a large rock or coral head. I've never been a big fan at looking at #'s. I prefer audio and it sounds like wireless HP's would be useless underwater. Cable connectors in my experience have always been a hassle and a likely water intrusion concern.

Aquaman

For diving just stick with your Excal, however, you will like this machine in the shallow , wet, and dry sand, happy hunting, Earl

Back
Top Bottom