No Silver but I got Gold instead !!

pescadore

Elite Member
I went to a nearby town and hunted an area that we have pounded and pounded but will every now and then still produce a silver or two. My oldest US coin came from this location but lately when I have been there, good signals were few and far betwen. I dug a couple of zincs and then moved out into an open area. The signals were really sparse so I started digging anything that would produce a nice consistant signal. I dug a couple of pull tabs and then I got another signal and thought it was another tab. I was really surprised when I turned over the flap and saw this tiny little baby ring with a yellow stone. I thought it was silver at first but after cleaning it up a litlle bit I could see 14k stamped inside the ring. I was using the 705 with the Coiltek 3Khz 15" WOT and I was really surprised that it picke up the tiny white gold ring at about 3 inches. Here are the photos of my finds.

Congrats Pesc, guess that place is still good for something.

That is a very well cut stone ... it might shock you when you find out what it is worth! Great hunt and a reminder that you have to dig trash to find treasure!!

Very nice find! What did it look like right out of the hole? Was the stone brilliant? It is sumpthin' that the 15" coil hit that tiny ring, but it's the man holding the machine that made it happen. Dam, now I gotta strart diggin' low conductors there. Too much "silver on the brain".

martin

Can you extrapolate the VDI to what my Whites woulda reported in general? tia

That is a very well cut stone ... it might shock you when you find out what it is worth! Great hunt and a reminder that you have to dig trash to find treasure!!

Agreed! Congrats, and if that is topaz, it's the darkest one I've ever seen. A valuable stone, surely!

Back
Top Bottom